Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Lexybeast

A-List Customer
Oxblood felt, forest green ribbon, with a hint of golden afternoon sunlight.

850269253_JHkto-L.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Pera.T said:
Stoney, that's a great looking hat! I have a VS on order and I'm trying to decide on a colour. I really like the look of the Powder Blue sample but I think it might be a bit to 'unusual' for me. I asked daizawaguy what he thought and he told me it's definitely not a conservative colour!!!

But your photos have got me re-interested, what to do! :eusa_doh:

You might try blue smoke. I have one and it goes with a lot of different colored clothes. It is a little more conservative I guess.

There are a lot of blue smoke hats in this thread.

The Lark

One of the Regulars
In my attempt to shop around before I commit to putting in an order with Fawcett, I went to my local custom hat maker today to get a quote from her on my desired project. She says I would have to source the felt myself (as she is out of everything, including basic black!) and having paid for it, would then also have to pay $400 AUD for her labor.

I would save around $150 with Art, even after shipping costs. How crazy is that!

barrowjh

One Too Many
Reply to The Lark

I am not aware of any hatter selling 100% beaver fedoras for as low a price as does Art Fawcett. On rare occasions (Father's Day?) you might find a factory-made for sale here or there at a price a little below $300, good luck finding one at the color, brim width, crown, ribbon color, ribbon width, edge treatment, etc. that you prefer - at a price below Art's.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
This thread has gotten 2400 views since Saturday...Art, you have a great following! Keep it up! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
HamletJSD said:
I really need to get back into looking at hats ...

And call Art.

I'm waiting for Art to give me a call to finalize the specs of my hat. I'm so excited about my first VS! but, as someone else said it before, in this era of instant gratification the wait for a handcrafted item is a torture. A well worth it one, nonetheless.;)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Other colors..OK, I have received my next new color and have the first two "on the block" with one going to a client in Tn that doesn't post here and the second going to the one & only D'guy. The color is "Sunset" and as soon as I have a finished hat in a clients hands I'm sure it will be pictured. In the mean time, please envision "Camel" with lighter brown base and red overtones. Not quite peach but not quite camel. It's a color that Portis came out with in the early '50s and I was lucky enough to have found a new felt hood for many years ago. I actually made a hat out of it for AndyKev so Andy loaned the hat back to me for the purpose of duplicating. Thanks Buddy, it didn't come out exact in color but boy, what a great summer color!!!

Hot off the bench...a sneak preview (Hands off handlebarBart!:p )

Express postage please Art!

Sunset-1.gif

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Scott Wood said:
ponte el confórmero y vamos :whistling

This is the most hilarious thing ever! Scott I cannot stop laughing lol lol lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

(did you google translate that? 'cause confórmero ain't a word but you might as well send it to the academy 'cause it's brilliant!lol lol lol :p )

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Aureliano said:
This is the most hilarious thing ever! Scott I cannot stop laughing lol lol :eusa_clap

(did you google translate that? 'cause confórmero ain't a word but you might as well send it to the academy 'cause it's brilliant!lol lol lol :p )
lol lol
Hablo espanol (mas o menos)pero no sabia una palabra por eso asi lodije como nombre/titulo lol
lo hablo mucho mejor que escribo pero vivi en espana tres anos hace 20+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21