Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DRB

One Too Many
Artlite2and1halfinchbrim.jpg

Ignatz, that is a beautiful hat. It looks like a versatile hat that could be worn on many many occasions. A hat that is used a lot, is high praise for the hat.

Jabos

A-List Customer
DRB said:
Artlite2and1halfinchbrim.jpg

Ignatz, that is a beautiful hat. It looks like a versatile hat that could be worn on many many occasions. A hat that is used a lot, is high praise for the hat.
I liked it so much that I ordered one just like it, due up soon. But, I gave Art free reign to do a special ribbon. Hope to get it soon. Mine is the last lightweight granite.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Decision made!

OK ... I have sent the conformer back :eusa_clap Now the waiting begins! Thanks to everyone for their input ... After I reevaluated what I wear mostly I figured something more brown then granite would be appropriate ... I was sincerely torn between Whiskey (thanks for the suggest Jabos) and the Pecan... both are very versatile colors ... I decided on the Pecan ... that is unless Art has a better suggestion for me!!! My goodness I fretted over this decision and all the postings of the beautiful hats didn't help any either :rage:

Kkaderly said:
OK ... I have sent the conformer back :eusa_clap Now the waiting begins! Thanks to everyone for their input ... After I reevaluated what I wear mostly I figured something more brown then granite would be appropriate ... I was sincerely torn between Whiskey (thanks for the suggest Jabos) and the Pecan... both are very versatile colors ... I decided on the Pecan ... that is unless Art has a better suggestion for me!!! My goodness I fretted over this decision and all the postings of the beautiful hats didn't help any either :rage:
LOVE the Pecan that Art made for me. Whiskey that I saw at Winchester factory is nice but hints of rust tint. Pecan is a richer brown to me.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Basic Black

waiting for me when I got home :)
5.5" open crown, probably going to get a diamond crease and get lowered in the front a little while I'm at it
2 7/8 bound brim
wind cord
black liner

the big question now is do I get a black pearl stick pin or a black star sapphire stick pin? oh the agony of the decision lol

VSBasicblack5-24-2010profile5.jpg

VSBasicblack5-24-2010nogginshot2.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SWEET ribbon treatment on the back of the bow, there!!

Makes me all the more anxious to get rolling on the specs of mine! :D

BTW-- We need liner pics...

Jabos

A-List Customer
Kkaderly said:
Oh, I'm full of suggestions about what other people should buy, but I'm as confused as anybody when it comes down to it. :) Don't forget the Tucker, another on my long (and getting longer) wish list.

I have found (in my limited experience) that you can just think yourself into gridlock about what to choose, but two minutes on the phone with Art will give you immediate clarity, direction, and piece of mind. That is part of "the art" of Art I believe.

My third VS is in the mail from Art!!! Woohoo! I will be unveiling "the last lightweight granite" soon. Oh, and what a big production I'm going to make of it!!! lol

Lloyd, that black is absolutely elegant and stunning!

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lloyd said:
waiting for me when I got home :)
5.5" open crown, probably going to get a diamond crease and get lowered in the front a little while I'm at it
2 7/8 bound brim
wind cord
black liner

the big question now is do I get a black pearl stick pin or a black star sapphire stick pin? oh the agony of the decision lol

VSBasicblack5-24-2010profile5.jpg

VSBasicblack5-24-2010nogginshot2.jpg

Lloyd, that is a great hat! I like black hats and that is perfectly styled. Either stickpin will be grand but I think the black star sapphire would be killer! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lloyd, that is fantastic! I really like the ribbon work there. Congrats, that one really catches my eye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner