Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

keox11

Familiar Face
art fawcell : beaver and rabbit ???

Art Fawcell can make rabbit fur hats??? or it only works with hair beaver???

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Jabos said:
I will work on a noggin shot and a better pic of the ribbon. I thought I was a good photographer until I tried to take photos like Daizawaguy, then I realize how good he is at photographing his hats.

Daizawaguy without any doubt is THE HAT PHOTOGRAPHER here at the lounge!

Lets elect Dguy for the hat photographer of the year!

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dguy for the photo essays you do.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello Art.
I have been wearing my new sage green fedora for the last few days. Not only do I love it but I have noticed it is softer then my other VS hats and it is a lot lighter. Are you doing anything different with your felts?
Johnny

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Tom and Jabos, thanks for the compliments, but the photos are only as good as the work of Art being photographed. Here is my new lightweight silvermist that arrived yesterday. 2 1/8" brim, overwelt.

May2010001-6.jpg

Mr E Train

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Doesn't really look like Silver Mist -- based on the color in the photos...

Seems to be reading more tan than silver...

I've never seen a Silver Mist in person, but in photos it's usually more of a very light gray. I don't know for sure, but I imagine that like silverbelly, it picks up more tannish or grayish overtones depending upon the lighting. I also imagine that like silverbelly, that's part of the beauty of it.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Damn, you guys are starting to get me worried:eek:

Or maybe Art sent me one of his specially aged undyed beaver belly felts by mistake :p

The pic above was a 5am indoors photo, here is one outdoors against a brown toned wall at 6am...what`s the verdict!?;)

May2010003-3.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
daizawaguy said:

Or maybe Art sent me one of his specially aged undyed beaver belly felts by mistake :p

I'm sure Art sent you a Silver Mist. lol I was just commenting on the color reflected in the photo. ;)

Beautiful ribbon.

Cheers,
JtL

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
daizawaguy said:

The pic above was a 5am indoors photo, here is one outdoors against a brown toned wall at 6am...what`s the verdict!?;)

May2010003-3.jpg

Again a truly beautiful hat! I'm jealous sir lol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
johnnycanuck said:
Hello Art.
I have been wearing my new sage green fedora for the last few days. Not only do I love it but I have noticed it is softer then my other VS hats and it is a lot lighter. Are you doing anything different with your felts?
Johnny

Not really Johnny, just the sage is now aged 4 years and my skill set keeps improving. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.:D

Jabos

A-List Customer
So, Art, the felt will change with age? I didn't know that. I know the new granite lightweight is softer than my lightweight natural of a year ago. The finish on the granite is so so soft.

Okay, Dguy, so we now know your secret! Sorry folks, but I'm not getting up at 5am to take pictures!!!! :p

MISTER Canuck, here is my recent conversation with my wife. "Remember the guy I told you about last year who's wife bought him a VS for his birthday?" "Yes." (deadpan) "His wife did it AGAIN this year!!!". "Good for her" (again, deadpan). She isn't going for it. Again, your wife is the greatest of all time!!! Tell her I said she gets the supercool wife award.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
happy birthday to me NEW FOREST

Came home from a hike and this little lovely piece of forest green felt was waiting for me :)

VSforestJune12010shadow6.jpg

I had asked Art to copy this 1947 Dobbs Gamebird, what do you think? (my apologies to whoever on the Lounge I nicked the Dobbs ad from)
DobbsGamebirdad1947-2.jpg

Since I had asked Art to copy a particular hat this one came pre-creased
crown is currently 4.25 in the front and 3.75 in the back with a teardrop
2 7/8 underwelted brim
black liner
Art was unable to copy the original self band so there is a 1.5" ribbon that closely matches the felt

This is another one of those colors that changes a lot from light to shadow. Here are some contrasting shots to show the difference
VSforestJune12010shadow3.jpg

VSforestJune12010sunlight3.jpg

and a combo shot with my Dark Moss to show the richness of the new green
VSforestJune12010wdarkmoss.jpg

Liner and sweat.
I notice that the sweat on this one has a VS logo which none of my other hats have. Is this something new?

VSforestJune12010logoonband.jpg

VSforestJune12010bandliner.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I notice that the sweat on this one has a VS logo which none of my other hats have. Is this something new?

umm. look at the rest of them Lloyd, they all have it. less is more for me Sir.

SO glad you like the new color. I'm pretty tickled with it myself.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
well.....
I see traces on a couple of my other hats ;)
Probably been sweated out by yours truly
Congrats Art! I think this is the best you've done for me, and that's saying a lot!
Here's to future successes, may there be many more:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner