Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
A trio of box ribboned overwelts to celebrate the threads 200,000th view

May2010013-1.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
Got the call from Art a few minutes ago! The last Art-Lite Blue Smoke, 2 5/8" overwelted brim, dark grey pointed arrow treatment, but the points will be off center, shifted down a bit. I also gave him a 1937 or there abouts Auto Union pin, that's going to be included in the hat. It's amazing how enlightened one can become from only one 5 minute talk with the Master. Thanks, Art, for putting up with my confused, jumbled mess of thoughts!

Cheers,

Congrats, Flute. :eek:fftopic: Don't forget to post pictures of that new green thing of yours.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
Congrats, Flute. :eek:fftopic: Don't forget to post pictures of that new green thing of yours.

Sometime this weekend... ;)

What are the specs on yours? I know you were fitted for the conformer a few weeks back...

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
Sometime this weekend... ;)

What are the specs on yours? I know you were fitted for the conformer a few weeks back...

Can't tell you that!, it'd ruin the surprise! :D... ok how about this: It has a 2 1/2 inch brim.lol and that I can almost smell the felt!

AEH

One of the Regulars
Silk finish

fluteplayer07 said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if Art can do an Ivory in a silk finish?

I got this charcoal porkpie in silk finish a couple of weeks ago:

VS_silk_1.jpg

With this ARTistic bow treatment:

VS_silk_2.jpg

Closeup of the finish:

VS_silk_3.jpg

The felt is very soft and pliable, and the finish is great, also for getting attention from women ;). But then again you may not want every girl in town to fondle your hat :)

billyspew

One Too Many
AEH said:
I got this charcoal porkpie in silk finish a couple of weeks ago:

With this ARTistic bow treatment:

VS_silk_2.jpg

Closeup of the finish:

The felt is very soft and pliable, and the finish is great, also for getting attention from women ;). But then again you may not want every girl in town to fondle your hat :)

Very nice, especially the back bow finish.

Mikeymex

New in Town
After lurking around here for a bit, I decided to dive in head first. My conformer is in customs since Friday and should be at the house today (unless they think it is some kind of a weapon . . .). Living in Mexico City leads me towards getting at ArtLite because of climate. We'll see once I get a look at the samples and then have a chance to bounce ideas off of the Master. Great thread. Great hats. I am excited . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn