Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Feraud

Bartender
Aureliano said:
Feather weight Mojave. Dark Nutria ribbon. 2 1/2'' brim with a thin underwelt. Tall, diamond styled crown. Thank you, Art :eusa_clap . Couldn't be happier with it!

Gorgeous hat. Excellent felt and ribbon color combination, nice proportion.

Have you popped it on a scale? I am curious about the weight of Art's light weight felts.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
Feather weight Mojave. Dark Nutria ribbon. 2 1/2'' brim with a thin underwelt. Tall, diamond styled crown. Thank you, Art :eusa_clap . Couldn't be happier with it!

DSC04842_1.jpg

DSC04840.jpg

DSC04864.jpg

DSC04845.jpg

DSC04847.jpg

Nothing short of STUNNING, my friend! I can't say anything else beyond the praise you have already received. :eusa_clap

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
My Blue Smoke is in the mail!!!!!

I'm so excited to see the offset arrow treatment Art did on it for me. In my opinion, this is the most agonizing wait of the entire process...

DRB

One Too Many
Aureliano, Congratulations on the fine hat. It should go well with a lot of clothing. It looks really soft. Is the crease holding? Congrats again.

DRB

One Too Many
Stoney said:
There are a lot of great looking hats in this thread and I'm sure that everyone thinks their hat is the finest that Art has ever produced . I know that I think mine is.

The model and photographer do not do this lid justice at all.

Powder Blue
Navy ribbon with russet accent
Pure Beaver
5 1/2" open crown
Dimensional Brim 2 5/8 front/back 2 3/8 sides.
Center Dent ( Sorry Art I played with the crease already, I couldn't help myself)

Front.jpg

OnMeHead2.jpg

And yeah, i know I need a haircut too. :eusa_doh:

Stoney, that is one of the best hats I have ever seen, clearly among my top 10. Very happy for you!!!:eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
DRB said:
Aureliano, Congratulations on the fine hat. It should go well with a lot of clothing. It looks really soft. Is the crease holding? Congrats again.

Thanks, DRB. The felt is soft yet not floppy at all. The crease remains intact even after one of those sudden downpours we had today.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
fluteplayer07 said:
Aureliano, looking closer, it seems that you almost have a bit of a reverse taper going on there--is the crown bigger at the top?

It's time to come clean to you and the rest here and stop pretending: I have no idea, remotely, of what taper and reverse taper is or looks like. :( :D :p
If you care, and I'm being dead serious here, to explain it to me I'd appreciate it and will answer your question.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:

Hmm... the only thing I got from that thread was that Matt's brown hat has no taper :p judging by that my VS is pretty straigth-crowned. Taller in the front and shorter in the back.

Sorry if I sounf like an idiot but reverse tarper sounds as complicated as quamtum mechanics to me. I'd need a side by side photo comparison for this taper enigma to make sense in my head. :eek: [huh]

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Check out JPs hat.
Taper is the crown coming to a point if the sides continued to extend (though some may actually come to a point) / \
Most of us like straight sides
Reverse taper has the sides pointing outward \ /
You'll see it more often on homburgs and derbies.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Check out JPs hat.
Taper is the crown coming to a point if the sides continued to extend (though some may actually come to a point) / \

Hey, that made more sense. Thanks, Lefty. So no, then. My VS goes like this l l... like Matt's hat.

Lefty said:
Check out JPs hat.

Geez, I almost forgot about that hat. :D
Reverse taper is as you describe it. Derbies tend to look sort of like lightbulbs when they have reverse taper. Homburgs will look like my example because the center dent just further exagerates the reverse taper.
I don't mind reverse taper but then again, I like the unusual that no one else wears.
I'll have to wear that hat again when the weather cools off a bit. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters