Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

indycop

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
What are the specs on that, IC (brim width, ribbon & crown height, etc.)?
Uh, Art Help! I believe the brim is around 2 1/2. Other than that Art took care of the details and I just wear it.:eek:
I do know that I love the diamond crease but I have to be careful not to push it down too much cause my big head raises the center of it.:eusa_doh: It is already getting that little hump effect on the top that I see in most other diamonds so maybe it just got knocked around in shipping and is now straightening out.;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
IC...is it a "Sportaire" also...His really light weight style...or dress weight like Remembrance?
It seems like the same weight as Remembrance but of course both are the lightest hats I have so I can't imagine how light his "lites" are!

It's an Art Whippet!:D

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for posting this IC, it photographs well!!
Alan, it's 5 1/2" crown, 2 5/8 brim ( I think), 9 ligne binding and 18 ligne crown ribon.

Jack, this is dress weight and the Sportaire is a teardrop but IC requested a diamond so it's a Whippet "cross" ( interpretation might be a better term)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Art's version of a Whippet
:D

Very nice looking hat, IC. Seeing all these great hats by Mr. Fawcett is making me really, really look forward to receiving mine.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
Very nice looking hat, IC. Seeing all these great hats by Mr. Fawcett is making me really, really look forward to receiving mine.
So all the details are worked out!?
Have you already decide on your next one too? cause it will happen!lol

Big Man

indycop said:
So all the details are worked out!?
Have you already decide on your next one too? cause it will happen!lol

As they say, "It's all over except the waiting."

I have several ideas on what kind of hat I would like next, possibly something in a light brown color.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I know one will be a midnite with a pin (cop hat) and I have wanted a silver belly for a long time now which will only be one of Art's, maybe in a thin ribbon! And of course I want a bogie replica....:eusa_doh:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
As they say, "It's all over except the waiting."

I have several ideas on what kind of hat I would like next, possibly something in a light brown color.
Like a fool I sent the felt sample back with the conformer when I ordered my first hat. I am thinking a hat in a color like the Tawny Fawn would be sweet! If the Akubra looks that good then I cannot even imagine one of Art's in full beaver!;)

Big Man

indycop said:
Like a fool I sent the felt sample back with the conformer when I ordered my first hat ...

I sent the samples back, too (I thought I was supposed to [huh] ). However, I did make a note to myself on which ones (and in what order) I wanted next. The "Sahara" color felt will be my next choice, then the black, then ...

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Big Man said:
I sent the samples back, too (I thought I was supposed to [huh] ). However, I did make a note to myself on which ones (and in what order) I wanted next. The "Sahara" color felt will be my next choice, then the black, then ...
Have you thought of doing one with the firefighter cross emblem pin on the ribbon?

univibe88

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for posting this IC, it photographs well!!
Alan, it's 5 1/2" crown, 2 5/8 brim ( I think), 9 ligne binding and 18 ligne crown ribon.

Is it 5 1/2" open crown? Or 5 1/2" after being bashed?

animator

One of the Regulars
I'm just adding a few pictures of the "Bogart" style fedora including Art's first welt edge brim. It is lightweigh felt in "Natural" color. The first picture best represents the color

BOGART_edge.jpg

BOGART_bottom.jpg

BOGART_a.jpg

BOGART_chair.jpg

I really like the styling of the hat, but Art seriously messed up the sizing. Unfortunately, it is WAY to big for me and now I must wait to grow into it.

BOGART_jacka.jpg

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
A fine, fine lid. And, really, don't worry, it's worth waiting for and most definitely worth growing into.

On a side note, your elocution and writing skills are quite advanced, for a six year old. Kudos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou