Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
lol lol busted!!!!

I hadn't thought of that RLK but you are right, the design DOES seem familiar..

I admitted to Pompidou privately that this hat really stretched my comfort zone and truthfully, I'm still on the fence over it. I'm not a big fan of contrasting bindings but this hat would have been too subtle without it ( I know, debatable). It by far has sparked the most intense internal debate I've ever had on a hat so, I'd call it "mission accomplished". I built this one three times before I felt I could let it leave the shop.
Wear it in good health Sir!!

Bravery and style go well together! :eusa_clap

Jabos

A-List Customer
kaosharper1 said:
My Artlite Jazzman has an underwelt and it has no drooping problem.
My latest artlite was also inspired by St. Ignatz with an underwelt. The brim doesn't droop but the entire hat was too soft and the brim would flip around in the wind. I applied felt stiffener and it is much better.

coble

A-List Customer
took the plunge, i just dropped in the mail my deposit to Art for my custom fedora. I decided to keep the felt rough, instead of smoothing it out. Its going to be a light colored felt, and ribbon style i'm leaving up to Art. I made a drawing and posted it on the forum. The light felt hat will be up to what felts i see ,can't wait to pick my felt and ribbon, i've been waiting about 2 years, no going back now and my addiction just got worse hahaha because i hear there's no going down from here, OH WELL, looking forward to an Art Classic..:D :D :D :D

wife gave me the Green light, and she told me my anniversary gift is expensive, she said i will cry, i'm hoping she plans on getting me the same hat basing it on the public enemies johnny depp hat color. Never know, but she's even excited to see Art's creation, i can't believe this day has come.

DanielCoffey

Familiar Face
I have just been told by Art that the Silverbelly Fedora that I ordered at the end of June has just shipped. As soon as UK Customs finish trying it on for size, I will of course post pics!

Now which colour do I want next I wonder? Whiskey or Pecan.... or Forest Green or Dark Moss.. or...?

DanielCoffey

Familiar Face
Lloyd said:
I now own, in order of acquisition,
Dark Moss
Rust
Oxblood
Black
Forest Green
Pecan
I think Whiskey is my next choice unless I decide I want another feather weight, then it's probably Chocolate or a repeat on the Dark Moss. Of course that's just the current thought process, as it gets closer to making a final decision I'll probably change my mind. I'll try and post a family portrait this afternoon when I get home.

Did I miss the grand family portrait, Lloyd?

Lloyd

A-List Customer
I never managed a group portrait. I could post each individual pic if you want but it would be repeats of previous posts

DanielCoffey

Familiar Face
Nah, that's fine - I just wondered if I had missed the group shot or not.

Every colour on my wish list is in your house already (apart from whiskey)... but I think flying over to LA to stalk you with a camera is a little extreme, even for Loungers.

coble

A-List Customer
on its way

just got my notification that the conformer and felt samples are on its way. I can not wait, its on tracking mode woohooo. Love it, feels like christmas.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
coble said:
just got my notification that the conformer and felt samples are on its way. I can not wait, its on tracking mode woohooo. Love it, feels like christmas.
Getting all those gorgeous felt samples is really hard. On first impression I marked all the ones I wanted just for this hat, and I think I marked 9-10 of them. Every few days I look at the cards again and try to nail down the color, but I'm still stuck between the same 2 or 3 colors. Hopefully when its my turn Art can help me nail it down a bit better with how I dress and things like that. I almost forgot its been a 2 weeks since I sent back the conformer. I'm trying not to think about it so it doesn't seem so long, haha

coble

A-List Customer
IT HAS ARRIVED...

going through the felt colors today, and using the conformer. Picking the felt is going to be difficult, my next hat will be the same design but a lot easier on felt color because i know what i want. This one is harder because i want a light color felt, but not to light. So Art the package has arrived, what an exciting day. I will let everyone know what i decide on.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
coble said:
going through the felt colors today, and using the conformer. Picking the felt is going to be difficult, my next hat will be the same design but a lot easier on felt color because i know what i want. This one is harder because i want a light color felt, but not to light. So Art the package has arrived, what an exciting day. I will let everyone know what i decide on.

I can't wait :).

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Vintage Quality

Hey guys this might be a little :eek:fftopic: but I was wondering since I now have one of Art's works of art and actually know what a fine quality felt should feel and look like .... If you compare my VS hat to my Jaxon or any high end Stetson by VS felt is soooooo much better. My question is for those of you that have a VS and a good example of vintage felt ... are vintage hat felts of the same quality as what Art puts in his hats???? If this was the norm back in the day .... wow!! Guys were really spoiled with some great hats!!!!

Kk

coble

A-List Customer
fit the conformer to my head shape, and decided on getting my hat by Art made with the Sahara color, Art and i spoke through e-mail so far, and i decided to keep the felt unfinnished no sanding. The next hat i will get from Art is the same design but in oxblood, with a purple rust like ribbon. My wife loves the oxblood color. I was trying to decide on what color i wanted, and the first hat i was hoping for a lighter felt, so i was thinking either the silver belly or the sahara came down to wanting the sahara, and i feel great about my decision. I have wanted a custom hat made in the sahara felt, so its time for that color and the design works with what i wear all the time, and with the design of the hat.
I will mention to all of you, recieving the samples is crazy, because there are so many beautiful colors to choose from, you start dreaming about other hats you want. So just a warning to all who get to finally buy an Art hat, it is hard to choose felt colors because his selection is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana