Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

CRH

Call Me a Cab
coble said:
well Art didn't supply the reference, i should have posted the picture with my explanation, i posted the reference to explain what i'm going towards. Because words can come across wrong. ...

No problem. Campfire chats are tough in the modern season.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Ordinary Guy said:
OK, I am hooked........

I now have my first VS. and it is Chocolate .......

The addiction has started.....

Wow! I clicked on send for my last post and this thing showed up.

amp15c.jpg

Well done, OG!

Jacqui

New in Town
Wow, Fedora Lounge!!!

This is my first post. I must admit that I didn't read every line of this conversation that goes back almost four years, but I did linger over every picture. So I have a comment and a question. For me, a beautiful fedora moves any man up a notch (or more) on the 1-10 rating scale. But what do you guys think of a woman in a man's hat? Does a fedora on a 7 or 8 make her a 9?

I'm just wondering . . .
:cool: Jacqui
Mephisto

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Jacqui said:
This is my first post. I must admit that I didn't read every line of this conversation that goes back almost four years, but I did linger over every picture. So I have a comment and a question. For me, a beautiful fedora moves any man up a notch (or more) on the 1-10 rating scale. But what do you guys think of a woman in a man's hat? Does a fedora on a 7 or 8 make her a 9?

I'm just wondering . . .

Fedoras make some women look extremely atractive and sexy... I think there's a thread for the subject around here...:rolleyes:

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jacqui said:

I'm just wondering . . .
It might.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Jacqui said:

I'm just wondering . . .
A woman in a fedora looks even better than a man in one.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Jacqui said:

I'm just wondering . . .

I love ladies in fedoras. Think Marlene Dietrich or Katherine Hepburn.

And Ordinary Guy, great lid! Love the ribbon felt color combo.

DRB

One Too Many
Yes, women look good in fedoras. I especially like to see them in large frilly colorful hats though. Lefty's wife has some nice ones. We need more input from women around here.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
jimmy you know i took that feeling burned out of my post, because well it was my fault i explained it wrong.

Guys, when Coble expressed his desire on the hat my minds eye went immediately to a silk finish that was somewhat "rumpled" for lack of a better word. Think of a plush '20's hat that hasn't been brushed in a while and the knap is left in different directions, giving it a "rough" feel and appearance. I have no idea how I'm gonna pull this off or how this is going to look in person so we'll ALL be surprised when it's done but it should be fun. If it comes out that i absolutely hate it when complete, Coble & I will talk. :eek: :eek:

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
Guys, when Coble expressed his desire on the hat my minds eye went immediately to a silk finish that was somewhat "rumpled" for lack of a better word. Think of a plush '20's hat that hasn't been brushed in a while and the knap is left in different directions, giving it a "rough" feel and appearance. I have no idea how I'm gonna pull this off or how this is going to look in person so we'll ALL be surprised when it's done but it should be fun. If it comes out that i absolutely hate it when complete, Coble & I will talk. :eek: :eek:

Like this perhaps?
4987114256_6904294f6b_z.jpg

cybergentleman

A-List Customer
naps

This is going to be interesting to see how it turns out. I am confused as to what nap/finish we are referring to at this point...

Art, do you mean like those long nap black velour hats below?

IMG_4458.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_4471.jpg
[/IMG]

Jacqui said:

I'm just wondering . . .

I think most definitely yes. But not a cheapy cloth one, an nice straw or fur felt is best.;)

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
That is indeed a fine hat. Its making me reconsider not including chocolate on my short list for when Art gets with me to work on my hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21