Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Rat Pack

One of the Regulars
Wow
I'm in line for a first VS - probably still a few weeks out from the phone call. That's probably a good thing. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. I've been through almost every page in this thread and now I'm full of conflicting thoughts. Pecan, Whiskey, Granite, Oxblood, Black Cherry? That's before any ribbon talk. Am I hoping for a perfect everyday hat or a special occasion piece? Aaaarrrgh!!!!

Thanks to everyone here for posting the images of their hats and of course thanks to Mr. Fawcett for creating the hats. Viewing the pictures is a joy. The decision making process is tormenting, delicious fun.

Send him some photos and call and and talk to him. Not just a wonderful hatter, a wonderful guy to talk to as well. When we talked yesterday I couldn't figure out what I wanted with a ribbon on one of my new lids we were talking about. Then I explained the colors he'd see if he walked into my closet and I could hear the smile in his voice when he said he had an idea and we'd have some fun with this one.

I can't wait to see what fun is :)

Pompidou

One Too Many
I had a good time ordering mine. I only hope I wasn't too stressful. With me, it wasn't even what color or crease I wanted, it was more, that I wanted something that had never been made before, but even worse, I didn't know what was even possible. I think my initial concept I asked for was a cross between a top hat and a porkpie, with a big brim, but curled like a homburg's. After a few conversations, reality checks and compromise, I ended up with an amazing hat that I would never have thought of. I look forward to doing so again, but I'm trying to think of a way for the originality lightning to strike twice. Not sure what direction I want to go.

DRB

One Too Many
Thanks Pompidou, I needed a morning laugh. I know exactly what you mean. Trying to order something in uncharted waters is/can be a crap shoot. Even after the order you/I worry. We just have to have faith in the hatter that we use. Take it easy my friend.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I haven't posted much on the lounge for quite a while now, just busy with other things and recent retirement. Thought I'd pop in and see whats new. I've known Art for quite a while now, helped him move into his shop when he came up from California. His hats were always top notch and equal to anyone in the business. But looking through this thread at all his recent creations I have to say Art has really upped his game and I didn't think that was possible. The creativity and beauty that his fedora's display are mindboggling and the price is a real bargain.

Art, if you read this, now that I'm retired I gotta come down for a visit again. I know you are swamped but maybe this spring, I could squeeze into your schedule for an afternoon.

best regards: fedoralover

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
retired??? WAY COOL Rich!!!!! C'mon down & play anytime, just let me know when. The only time I'm scheduled to be gone is late March when the FL Dallas trip is on. I'll put the coffee on & you can fill me in on what's been happening the last few years.
Thank you for the kind words Sir. I can't tell you how much fun I've been having but you can see it in the work. These guys keep me searching for more and somehow it just happens. Don't ask me how...I really don't know, it just seems to ummm...happen.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Will do Art. Dec 30th 2010 was my last day with the City of Eugene. 34 1/2 years was long enough. I'm enjoying the flexiblility I have in my life now. I will definitily work in a day for a visit. I'll be in touch. I can't wait to see all the new felts in person.

regards fedoralover

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
D'guy you need to take a new family photo of all your Art Fawcett hats. Would love to see them all together.

Just a few...my current rotation favorites...

2011February6003.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I think everyone should own at least one ....:D

I will admit there is a problem with black suits and black hats....

It seems the color black picks up everything except blonds and money.... LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran