Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DRB

One Too Many
D'guy, that is one very special hat. Absolutely beautiful. :eusa_clap I agree, a family portrait would be splendid.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
2" brim 5 1/2" open I would say. Art did a crease, but it fell out in the post, so I fired up a kettle, and gave it a few strokes. It@s always a wonder how each felt slips into their own shapes...

Family shot...have to work on that! Have to wait until the wife is away...she thinks the last 5 are all refurbishments!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
First off, great hat D'guy. I don't know how you can decide which one to wear when you leave the house each day...

If it was me I would switching them all on and off in front of mirror for most of the day trying to decide.....

GREAT COLLECTION....

Looking forward to the family picture........

As for me,,, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes ya don't....

ART got Nuts,,,, well Pecan that is.......

Here is my new Pecan....... and this is not meant to take any attention away from D'guys NEW DOVE....

5prhts.jpg

ebbyp0.jpg

347ib68.jpg

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
First off, great hat D'guy. I don't know how you can decide which one to wear when you leave the house each day...

If it was me I would switching them all on and off in front of mirror for most of the day trying to decide.....

GREAT COLLECTION....

Looking forward to the family picture........

As for me,,, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes ya don't....

ART got Nuts,,,, well Pecan that is.......

Here is my new Pecan....... and this is not meant to take any attention away from D'guys NEW DOVE....

5prhts.jpg

ebbyp0.jpg

347ib68.jpg

Love the pecan ... you have great tastes ... looks a lot like mine :)!! Love the green liner!!!!!!

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Family shot...have to work on that! Have to wait until the wife is away...she thinks the last 5 are all refurbishments!

My wife got a good laugh out of that one. I know very well the "Wife" and her perception of WHY we need another hat. It is easy for the "Wife to justify another purse as mine did yesterday than for us to justify another hat. It is funny like that isn't it. :)

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Wow

I'm in line for a first VS - probably still a few weeks out from the phone call. That's probably a good thing. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. I've been through almost every page in this thread and now I'm full of conflicting thoughts. Pecan, Whiskey, Granite, Oxblood, Black Cherry? That's before any ribbon talk. Am I hoping for a perfect everyday hat or a special occasion piece? Aaaarrrgh!!!!

Thanks to everyone here for posting the images of their hats and of course thanks to Mr. Fawcett for creating the hats. Viewing the pictures is a joy. The decision making process is tormenting, delicious fun.

Pompidou

One Too Many
I'm in line for a first VS - probably still a few weeks out from the phone call. That's probably a good thing. I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. I've been through almost every page in this thread and now I'm full of conflicting thoughts. Pecan, Whiskey, Granite, Oxblood, Black Cherry? That's before any ribbon talk. Am I hoping for a perfect everyday hat or a special occasion piece? Aaaarrrgh!!!!

Thanks to everyone here for posting the images of their hats and of course thanks to Mr. Fawcett for creating the hats. Viewing the pictures is a joy. The decision making process is tormenting, delicious fun.

Since it'll almost by definition be your most comfortable hat - being the one tailored to your dimensions - I'd make it the every day hat. I equate uncomfortable with special occasions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran