Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

There is a book that Art could get in the link below. It's used to accurately describe colors for printers. I found out about it through a rifle composite stock maker called Robertson Composites. You got the printer and look at their book, then order the color of stock you want based on a color name and number. It would be possible for Art to compare the felt and the color wheel to get a match. This would be a lot of work, but only when new felt is delivered. It would avoid the mismatch between my computer's colors and everyone else's... Just a thought.

Later

http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/index.aspx

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
The next four limited editions are up!

The first on is a forest green silk finish, with a raw brim and a chevron treatment on the ends of the bow.

The second is another one in Dove (I assume the one D'Guy and Art were discussing? I don't know.) with TWO chevron treatments on the side! Suede finish and a bound brim.

Up next is what appears to be a fairly conservative fedora in Sahara. The finish on this one is called 'standard', so I suppose this means 'suede' and standard' are two completely different animals?

The last on is a very high crown Blue Smoke number, with a very 20's vibe to it. 2 1/4" brim according to Art's site. If I had to pick one of these latest four as a favorite, this one would be it.

I don't know how long these were posted on his site, but I just noticed it a couple minutes ago on his site. I'm loving all of these, Art! Keep up the awesome work!

Cheers,

anon`

One Too Many
The last on is a very high crown Blue Smoke number, with a very 20's vibe to it. 2 1/4" brim according to Art's site. If I had to pick one of these latest four as a favorite, this one would be it.
Loves it! Art created my next hat without even talking to me about it! Well, maybe not exactly, but that's the same general size, shape and possible colour combination I was planning on going for.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Sweet! Can't wait to see all the new goodies!

Haven't seen too many new Works of Art lately... Anyone here have one on the way? Or anyone else care to post some more pics of theirs in the mean time? Had to dig this thread up from the fourth page! :eek:

univibe88

One Too Many

6" crown? Wow! I'm not sure there has ever been a 6" crown posted on this thread. Amazing.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I know, I thought 5 3/4" was pushing the line for most people, but 6"?!? Holy smokes! (Pun intended haha) For the right face shape (sadly not mine), that beauty will sing!

One of those 'Last Man's in Dove velour and with an underwelt would be pretty awesome... I'm thinking that for my #3.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Ode to a Black Hat

In recent years, I've refrained from wearing black hats.
This VS came into my life about a month ago.
I did buy it from fellow Lounger Donato.
And since... I've hardly been wearing any other hat.
This one fits on my head perfectly and I feel it fits the season.
Perhaps I'll box it up, for some time, as soon as Spring comes :cool:
Thanks Art!

IMG00249-20110125-2115.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
All Jazzman models and my avatar, the Dingus, modeled on the Maltese Falcon hat have 6" crowns. If you want that deep bashed late 30's look you need a 6" crown.

Mea culpa. 6" crown is still amazing. I do remember you your Maltese Falcon, kaosharper. It is also an amazing hat. :eusa_clap

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I know, I thought 5 3/4" was pushing the line for most people, but 6"?!? Holy smokes! (Pun intended haha) For the right face shape (sadly not mine), that beauty will sing!

One of those 'Last Man's in Dove velour and with an underwelt would be pretty awesome... I'm thinking that for my #3.

Wow. wowowow. That "Last Man" is one of the most amazing hats I've ever seen. I keep going back to the website to stare and drool over it. Very sharp, and something kind of sinister about it to me. How does one know whether one could pull off wearing one of those?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
The DOVE has landed...pics at the weekend. Sensational. Light grey with a hint of blue. Words cannot do it justice...Saturday will have the pics out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner