Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Edw8ri

Familiar Face
I got an new hat from Art for Christmas. It is his Brooklyn model, but I had him make it with a dimensional brim.
photo-1.jpg
photo.jpg
photo3.jpg
It is rust felt with a green ribbon and a green liner. This hat fits like a glove. I think my head must be more oval that the standard hat. Not a problem for Art. I like is so much that I have ordered another.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
That's a very nice one, Edw8ri! Not only is the color great, the wide brim really makes the hat. Could I ask what the crown height and brim width are? Thank you.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Edw8ri, your hat is beautiful. The rust felt and the ribbon colour go really well together.

Now we need to see you wearing it!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Here's my entry to the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame and also my request to be an official member of the Black Cherry Club.

Art was nice enough to get my hat finished before he went off to Fedora Fest, so I'm enjoying wearing it already. He told me he had made a hat that was "simple and elegant" - I would agree!

1220175271_zUkGH-L.jpg

1220175261_yYJfe-L.jpg

1220175236_UnJCJ-L.jpg

1220175238_WjBtw-L.jpg

As others have already noted, the Black Cherry felt is really nice and the colour changes a lot depending on the ambient light.

Thanks Art, I'm really happy with the hat!

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Here's my entry to the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame and also my request to be an official member of the Black Cherry Club.

Art was nice enough to get my hat finished before he went off to Fedora Fest, so I'm enjoying wearing it already. He told me he had made a hat that was "simple and elegant" - I would agree!

1220175271_zUkGH-L.jpg

1220175261_yYJfe-L.jpg

1220175236_UnJCJ-L.jpg

1220175238_WjBtw-L.jpg

As others have already noted, the Black Cherry felt is really nice and the colour changes a lot depending on the ambient light.

That's a gorgeous hat, DJH! Is that a particular model that he makes now, or did you give him the specs you wanted? I love that center dent.

thebroker

One of the Regulars

Welcome to the Black Cherry Club, sir! The hat is marvelous! I think you'll find that, as you wear it more, the black cherry develops even more character. Even on a day like today when it's 72 and sunny, I still wear the Black Cherry. However, I have a Silver Mist lightweight on the way from Art, so I'll have a cooler option soon. Plus, straw hat season is just around the corner for most of us!

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Welcome to the Black Cherry Club David. Enjoy, it's a real elegant beauty...and you're right about the color. Marvelous color, so much depth.

Cliff

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thank you so much guys - it's great to have a nice new VS.

Blackthorn, I don't think there is a style on Art's site that is quite the same as this one. I sent him a couple of photos of hats that I liked, the colour I wanted and Art did the rest. He has been making several BC hats of late, I was getting worried that he'd run out of the bodies before he got to mine!

Broker, I'm going for a lighter hat next time as well - Art is making me a Sportaire style in Silver Belly.

Just to finish off, here's a quick shot of the BC where it really belongs!

1220384201_pLSXg-L.jpg

Last edited:

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Let me also extend a warm welcome to the BCC (Black Cherry Club) to you DJH.

While we all have Black Cherry they are in different styles and I haven't seen one I would'nt want to own yet....:)

In response to Kaosharper1(our weather has finally broken) here is the noggin shot you requested.....

23kadz9.jpg

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks great Ordinary Guy - I love the pleat on the ribbon on your BC. Having the Black Cherry shirt as well, must make you a senior officer of the BC Club!

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Ordinary Guy's matching shirt and hat look great, but PERSONALLY I'll probably leave the black cherry and oxblood's to the ribbon not the whole hat. I own mountains of Khaki, Brown, and Olive colored clothing, and NOTHING that would match that hat. It would have matched my 1984 Gran Prix though...

Later

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the nice comments, Lefty and Rat Pack.

Mike, I've been wondering how that BC/Oxblood coloured ribbon would look on a Silver Belly hat. I think it could be interesting.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Thanks for the nice comments guys.....

After I received my hat I saw that shirt and just couldn't pass it up.Today was the first time I got to wear them together.........

1961MJS I bet you would like to have your 1984 Gran Prix back in your driveway.....

I know I miss a few of my previous auto's.....

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Let me also extend a warm welcome to the BCC (Black Cherry Club) to you DJH.

While we all have Black Cherry they are in different styles and I haven't seen one I would'nt want to own yet....:)

In response to Kaosharper1(our weather has finally broken) here is the noggin shot you requested.....

Looks great! Hats, especially a VS, is meant to be worn, and also meant to be seen worn. Thanks!

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Great Black Cherrys!!! My goodness that color is all the rage! Looks like about 1/2 of what Art is sending out!! The peer pressure is killing me!!

Kk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner