Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I'm flattered to hear you think my crease is perfect, monbla, thanks!. You should've seen the one Art put on this (teardrop). I was great but this one screamed center dent to me, so I changed it.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This is my favorite thread in the lounge - love to see Art's great hats. Seems that everyone he makes is a masterpiece.

Aureliano, the Silver Belly is fantastic. Stopped me dead in my tracks!

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
I'm flattered to hear you think my crease is perfect, monbla, thanks!. You should've seen the one Art put on this (teardrop). I was great but this one screamed center dent to me, so I changed it.

The center dent is my favorite crease and sadly one doesn't see many here (teardrop/c-crease seems to be the "officially" accepted crease here) and it was good to see one so beautifully done :) Thanks :)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Agree. Center dent is my fav. Most of my hats sport it.
DJH thanks!

Aureliano, those are really gorgeous hats. I usually use a center dent as well, the exception is on some vintage hat's I've bought, I've had to put in a star type crease to push the sides out some. Some of the blocks had more taper in them and just putting in a center dent made the taper worse.
Your hats look fantastic, I'm going down to visit Art next month and I''m looking forward to seeing more of his work in person.

fedoralover

DRB

One Too Many
39.jpg
Aureliano: I really like the way you did the crease. This is about the same as what I strive for in a crease. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
On a Dreary third day of rain here in Pittsburgh I returned home to see a drenched box sitting in front of my door..

It seemed the mailman had sat it on the ground without the usual plastic bag to protect it from the weather.

The cardboard was soaked and soft like oatmeal, I peeled it off to find the water had also gotten inside but the plastic bag encompassing the VS hat box saved the day, no water had violated my Black Cherry. :D

I had asked Art if he had every put a pleat in a ribbon and he said no but was sure he could do it....

Well I had in mind a pleated ribbon but a plain bow, But Art outdid himself again by also pleating the bow....

You really have to see this ribbon and bow work in person as the pictures just don't do it justice....

Needless to say, I am deeply attached to my new VS.

This is as close as I could get to the true color of the Black Cherry but as those of you who have one know, you just have to see it in person to appreciate the beauty...

35d6y4g.jpg

r9h3cl.jpg

Here is one a bit closer to the true color

2gyd6vt.jpg

thebroker

One of the Regulars
Enjoy it, Ordinary Guy! I got my Black Cherry in the mail on Christmas Eve, and I haven't left home wearing another hat since. I love the pleated ribbon!

kaosharper1

One Too Many
On a Dreary third day of rain here in Pittsburgh I returned home to see a drenched box sitting in front of my door..

It seemed the mailman had sat it on the ground without the usual plastic bag to protect it from the weather.

The cardboard was soaked and soft like oatmeal, I peeled it off to find the water had also gotten inside but the plastic bag encompassing the VS hat box saved the day, no water had violated my Black Cherry. :D

I had asked Art if he had every put a pleat in a ribbon and he said no but was sure he could do it....

Well I had in mind a pleated ribbon but a plain bow, But Art outdid himself again by also pleating the bow....

You really have to see this ribbon and bow work in person as the pictures just don't do it justice....

Needless to say, I am deeply attached to my new VS.

This is as close as I could get to the true color of the Black Cherry but as those of you who have one know, you just have to see it in person to appreciate the beauty... =Ordinary Guy;1196308
We need specs and a noggin shot!

Lefty W.

One of the Regulars
The wait begins...

As I return the conformer back to southern Oregon, it occurs to me that this device has sat on the heads, and been in the hands, of some pretty swell gents around this place. I feel privileged (and possibly unworthy) to join your ranks.

univibe88

One Too Many
2 3/4 Brim, 1 1/2 Ribbon, 4 point diamond bash, black liner....
No pics as the weather is not permitting that, it is has rained for 3 days in a row and then it got cold and turned to snow for a day and half....

I will take some when the weather allows.

Sounds like good hat wearing weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR