Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

KyleK

One of the Regulars
I've had my new (first and awesome) VS almost a week. Had a chance to play around with it in studio tonight. Quick setup for fun. Going to have to let it stew a bit for just the right way to go about it to get it more to my satisfaction. The color should be an accurate representation of the oxblood felt (in a dramatically lit environment - surrounded by cop cars?). The ribbon is doing crazy things when I resize the image - not too mention the color is a bit off - it's closer to the felt color than in these pics. Clothing and fabric can be some of the most difficult things to photograph because of the unique ways their materials react to light. Well, enough disclaimer - I really just want to show off the hat.
2-3/8" brim.

5495779770_2599330c09.jpg

5495187727_dca4c2766e.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice Oxblood VS and nice photos KyleK.

I've found that when trying to photograph my hats, the felt seems to change colour under different light, but the ribbon stays much the same. Even using a custom white balance or a WhiBal card doesn't always get the colour how I want it.

But unlike our brides, the hats don't usually complain :D

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I've had my new (first and awesome) VS almost a week. Had a chance to play around with it in studio tonight. Quick setup for fun. Going to have to let it stew a bit for just the right way to go about it to get it more to my satisfaction. The color should be an accurate representation of the oxblood felt (in a dramatically lit environment - surrounded by cop cars?). The ribbon is doing crazy things when I resize the image - not too mention the color is a bit off - it's closer to the felt color than in these pics. Clothing and fabric can be some of the most difficult things to photograph because of the unique ways their materials react to light. Well, enough disclaimer - I really just want to show off the hat.
2-3/8" brim.

Beautiful! What's the crown height, and how about a noggin shot?

KyleK

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys! I like the hat a lot. The color is rich and dark - like a red velvet chocolate cake.
The whole VS experience was fun. Can't wait to do it again sometime.

Not sure of the crown height. I left it up to Art after talking and sending him a few pics of myself in hats.

iPhone noggin shot:

5496081104_d51fdd3850.jpg

Last edited:

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I agree. And I have to say that if there is someone that has not had the chance of getting a VS custom fedora, you need to. They are great! It is well worth the money.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
Well, I finally recieved the companion piece to my post of #4207 (Blk Cherry). This is my 3 season "Sunset" from Art. Today was kinda Spring-ish with 52 degree weather so I decided to wear it out and capture the event.
These first two were taken without flash, on a bright but overcast day. By the way, she's a Sunset, 2 3/4 underwelt brim, diamond crease with a 12 Ligne "Limestone" ribbon with orange-ish trim stiching.

smart5.jpg

smart6.jpg

The mug shot was taken at the same time but with the flash. The Sunset color really reacts to different lighting conditions.

smart4.jpg

Boy, collecting these can really be addicting. Be easier if Art's quality slipped, NO, NO, forget I said that!!

Cliff

Last edited:

fmw

One Too Many
Outstanding. Does it have an overwelted brim? Or am I just looking at a sewn line?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
And last Aureliano? Was it something I said?

Yes, Art. Shipping it to the wrong address did it! Lol. Lol. :p:):D
Truth is that after some thought I decided I have just the best hats I could possibly want. Two made by you amongst them. My wife and I have several projects going on that require money, we are getting ready to buy property in Milan and re-do our kitchen here.
So no more hats. At least for a few years. Relapse is always a possibility!
PS:
I got the delivery sorted out. Should be picking the hat tonight at my old place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails