Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Hello d-guy, how are things going in Tokyo? Are you all right there?

Many thanks. Things are returning to normal in Tokyo, but the situation surrounding the nuclear site is still very uncertain. But given the situation, the Japanese people are giving it their best, and the ability to bounce back from the natural disaster has been incredible. The man-made disaster though will be a test for humanity. A distressed whale had landed on the shores of Miyagi just before the quake - a sign from a fellow mammal that something was wrong under the ocean - we should have taken the hint... But this is the VS thread, and I can tell you that my VS`s have kept my head straight through this crisis. Salutations to the Master.

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
You didn't have Art add any lead shielding did you?

Seriously though, glad to see that you're alright. Hope the nuke plants don't continue to add to the problems.

Cliff

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I've got a question for those that know this sort of thing. Does anyone know which films an Art Fawcett custom hat (or hats) has been featured? Could someone make a list of all films that have had Mr. Fawcett provide at least one hat? I thought it would be neat to know, as I'm still contemplating my own decision to order one in the future.

Boy, Good, I've not thought about that for a long time. My wife & I provided clothing & hats for over 150 films but I've only made what I would consider "feature" on two, Lonely Hearts with Travolta & Gandolfini, and Benjamin Button. Last year I started throwing out records ( not needed any more) for the films but one's that come to mind are Tombstone, Quick & the Dead, Seabiscuit, A Beautiful Mind, Last man Standing, Road to perdition, Titanic, Kansas City, Catch me if you can, Ali, shoot, can't remember more right now without going through files. Is it important?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I've got a question for those that know this sort of thing. Does anyone know which films an Art Fawcett custom hat (or hats) has been featured? Could someone make a list of all films that have had Mr. Fawcett provide at least one hat? I thought it would be neat to know, as I'm still contemplating my own decision to order one in the future.

Hey The Good, If there is a hat in a film that you like, there's an excellent chance Art can make you a replica, regardless of the origin of the original.

There's a ton of inspiration in the 437 pages of this thread as well. The Art Fawcett Hall of Fame was just about the first thread I found when I stumbled upon the FL and it is still the one I look forward to seeing has been updated.

Really, the question isn't "should I get a hat from Art?" it is "what style should I get"? So many ideas, so many great colours...!!

Oh, I'm with Neo on the font size. I'm often reading the forums on my iPhone and your posts are tough to see!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I knew you did Seabiscuit and a couple others, but I had no idea you did so many others! Especially B.B., Titanic, and Road! I'll need to rewatch these...

Sorry I missed your call today, Art. I was at the house up north checking out a few things. I'll call tomorrow.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Boy, Good, I've not thought about that for a long time. My wife & I provided clothing & hats for over 150 films but I've only made what I would consider "feature" on two, Lonely Hearts with Travolta & Gandolfini, and Benjamin Button. Last year I started throwing out records ( not needed any more) for the films but one's that come to mind are Tombstone, Quick & the Dead, Seabiscuit, A Beautiful Mind, Last man Standing, Road to perdition, Titanic, Kansas City, Catch me if you can, Ali, shoot, can't remember more right now without going through files. Is it important?
For those of us who love your hats it is. ;)

The Good

Call Me a Cab

Actually, I'm very grateful that you've posted that, thank you! I'm really interested in the trivia of it all, of your work and associated films, so this is really neat to read through, as I've seen a few of these films.

For those of us who love your hats it is.

Yes, agreed, they're very nice hats!

Samuel

Practically Family
I just order my first lid from Art. I'm so excited its a semi-calado Montecristi Panama hat! Wow, I always wanted a lid from Art and I've always wanted a Montecristi too. The reason for this new lid is because I will be traveling to Australia for the first time since my Fleet Marine Corps days, back in the 80's. Though its business, we will still get to site see and enjoy Melbourne and Sydney. My company www.princesscanopybeds.com has been invited to sponsor a beauty pageant that will be televised on Toddlers and Tiaras cable show. We are so happy about the invite, but what better way to celebrate than to purchase a lid from such a distinguished hat maker. I'm on cloud nine to say the least.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I just order my first lid from Art. I'm so excited its a semi-calado Montecristi Panama hat! Wow, I always wanted a lid from Art and I've always wanted a Montecristi too. The reason for this new lid is because I will be traveling to Australia for the first time since my Fleet Marine Corps days, back in the 80's. Though its business, we will still get to site see and enjoy Melbourne and Sydney. My company www.princesscanopybeds.com has been invited to sponsor a beauty pageant that will be televised on Toddlers and Tiaras cable show. We are so happy about the invite, but what better way to celebrate than to purchase a lid from such a distinguished hat maker. I'm on cloud nine to say the least.

You'll never be sorry, Samuel! Art makes a quality product.

Samuel

Practically Family
You'll never be sorry, Samuel! Art makes a quality product.

Thing is...I have been following his work for a few years just gawking at the images wishing I had one. Here's a funny story. I was in Plano Texas in March of 2011 for a beauty pageant that we sponsored and I happen to see one young man walking down the hall of my hotel I was staying at dressed in a real nice fedora. I was going to complement him as its usual to see people wearing fedoras lately. Unfortunately, I was busy so I didn't have time to catch up with him. About a few hours later for supper, after business hours, I head over to the bar to buy a bottle of wine for my meal I'm about to enjoy with my wife. At the bar I see another guy wearing a real nice fedora too, this time I tell him," is that a Stratoliner?, It sure is nice" Then I look at his partner and around the room, there must have been ten guys all wearing super nice fedoras. So naively I say, "whats going on here?" The guy I was speaking to was sitting right next to Art Fawcett and all them guys were from the Fedora Lounge on their annual outing. I was so overtaken by this coincidence that I forgot about supper. We took pictures, laughed, shook hands and introduced one another. I finally met Art and the boys, so that chance meeting was one of my highlights to say the least. Later on we went to Texas Love an War, to have a great Texas dinner with the whole gang. www.princesscanopybeds.com

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thing is...I have been following his work for a few years just gawking at the images wishing I had one. Here's a funny story. I was in Plano Texas in March of 2011 for a beauty pageant that we sponsored and I happen to see one young man walking down the hall of my hotel I was staying at dressed in a real nice fedora. I was going to complement him as its usual to see people wearing fedoras lately. Unfortunately, I was busy so I didn't have time to catch up with him. About a few hours later for supper, after business hours, I head over to the bar to buy a bottle of wine for my meal I'm about to enjoy with my wife. At the bar I see another guy wearing a real nice fedora too, this time I tell him," is that a Stratoliner?, It sure is nice" Then I look at his partner and around the room, there must have been ten guys all wearing super nice fedoras. So naively I say, "whats going on here?" The guy I was speaking to was sitting right next to Art Fawcett and all them guys were from the Fedora Lounge on their annual outing. I was so overtaken by this coincidence that I forgot about supper. We took pictures, laughed, shook hands and introduced one another. I finally met Art and the boys, so that chance meeting was one of my highlights to say the least. Later on we went to Texas Love an War, to have a great Texas dinner with the whole gang. www.princesscanopybeds.com

lol Yeah. I kept seeing some guy in a cap walking through asking "Is that a Stratoliner?". Most of the group turned to see what was going on and when we all realized you were a member, we all laughed. It was a nice coincedence!

I got to speak with Art and see quite a few examples of his work. He struck me as a genuinely good person, and he had a great sense of humor. After I get my custom western from another hatter, I plan on asking Art to make a hat for me. Just gotta figure out exactly what I want, because after these two customs it will be a looooong time before I can get the money together for another hat lol. I can't wait to be able to submit my first official entry into the Hall of Fame, but it will probably be around Christmas before that happens. We'll see what's what, though, and maybe I can swing it sooner, as I finally have a job lined up for the summer after 3 years of searching!

Last edited:

Samuel

Practically Family
lol Yeah. I kept seeing some guy in a cap walking through asking "Is that a Stratoliner?". Most of the group turned to see what was going on and when we all realized you were a member, we all laughed. It was a nice coincedence!

I got to speak with Art and see quite a few examples of his work. He struck me as a genuinely good person, and he had a great sense of humor. After I get my custom western from another hatter, I plan on asking Art to make a hat for me. Just gotta figure out exactly what I want, because after these two customs it will be a looooong time before I can get the money together for another hat lol. I can't wait to be able to submit my first official entry into the Hall of Fame, but it will probably be around Christmas before that happens. We'll see what's what, though, and maybe I can swing it sooner, as I finally have a job lined up for the summer after 3 years of searching!

Congratulations on the new Job! It was great seeing ya in Texas! I'll be posting my pictures hopefully soon within a month or two. Im very stoked on getting my first VS and Monticristi. WOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner