Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sent the deposit Yesterday. Now, having read through this entire thread multiple times I'm still trying to decide on colors and what style. It's fun though bit hard on the wallet.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Sent the deposit Yesterday. Now, having read through this entire thread multiple times I'm still trying to decide on colors and what style. It's fun though bit hard on the wallet.

It's true but you only live once my friend and when you go for the big Dirt Nap it is forever.......

I have a friend that only orders water when he eats lunch out and puts the 3 bucks aside for his next hat purchase.... He does a few other things too ... It adds up rather quickly that way......

Very hard to pick colors and styles and then after making a list, you have to figure out which one you want first.......

But that is a nice problem to have......

DJH

I'll Lock Up
At least making two payments to Art helps to reduce the pain a little and the pricing is good for the level of quality we get to enjoy.

My frustration at the moment is that there are two VS hats waiting at the Post Office for me and it is closed right now :mad:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nope, you're cool Art - no vacation needed. I couldn't resist buying one from another lounger.
Tomorrow promises to be a VS super bonus day!

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I was so lucky today, I picked up not one, but two new beauties from Mr. Fawcett.

One is a Silver Belly Sportaire that Art just finished and the other is an unworn Sand coloured hat that I bought from MarkL, here in the Lounge.

First up, here's the Sportaire.

When I first looked through the limited editions on Art's site, it was the Sportaire that got my attention. When I ordered the hat, I knew that this was the model I needed. The colour was a different thing - I had changed my mind so many times that Art had to call to make sure that he'd made what I wanted. The felt is Silver Belly with a nice matching ribbon on the brim binding. The crown ribbon looks black, but is actually very dark green.

Here are a few images:

1243625793_KJg7r-L.jpg

1243622407_mzHL7-L.jpg

1243622460_jRaW6-L.jpg

1243622463_4VbxJ-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
And here's the MarkL hat. The colour is Sand which doesn't seem to be in Art's current line up of felts. Very nice though, with a dark brown ribbon.

Mark had said the hat was unworn and he wasn't kidding - excellent condition all around.

Thanks Art and Mark!!

1243622449_pbzxa-L.jpg

1243622467_8EUe6-L.jpg

1243622464_aqV8i-L.jpg

1243622462_mtrpr-L.jpg

Samuel

Practically Family
:eusa_clap
I was so lucky today, I picked up not one, but two new beauties from Mr. Fawcett.

One is a Silver Belly Sportaire that Art just finished and the other is an unworn Sand coloured hat that I bought from MarkL, here in the Lounge.

First up, here's the Sportaire.

I really like the color combo on the Sportaire what a LID!!!!

When I first looked through the limited editions on Art's site, it was the Sportaire that got my attention. When I ordered the hat, I knew that this was the model I needed. The colour was a different thing - I had changed my mind so many times that Art had to call to make sure that he'd made what I wanted. The felt is Silver Belly with a nice matching ribbon on the brim binding. The crown ribbon looks black, but is actually very dark green.

Here are a few images:

1243625793_KJg7r-L.jpg

1243622407_mzHL7-L.jpg

1243622460_jRaW6-L.jpg

1243622463_4VbxJ-L.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
OG - thank you. While I can take zero credit for the Sand/Dark Brown combo, I'm really happy with the colours on both hats.

Samuel - thank you sir! I saw you have placed an order with Mr. Fawcett. It seems to me his hats just keep getting better - you are in for a treat!

Dan - thanks a lot. I went through several colour choice changes while waiting for the Sportaire, but I'm so happy with how it turned out.

AL - thank you. You have been setting a really high standard with the vintage hats you've been posting, thanks for checking out these modern classics.

Cliff - cheers Cliff! I'm enjoying them already!

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
The VS Silver Mist has made the trip from Japan-
This is a neat ultra light hat...
IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Trying out some dry-bashed deeper side dents...
IMG_0669.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner