Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DRB

One Too Many
Got my shipping notice through USPS this morning, saying my new VS was in the mail. Been excited all day, until I got home and re-checked it just for giggles and noticed it was headed to an address I haven't been living at since May. Normally this wouldn't be a huge issue, but the area where I lived then is rough as hell, and the postal service has a tendency to drop things on the doorstep and run. Unless I can convince the post office there to hold it, which is a big IF in that area, somebody in the hood is going to receive a beautiful free hat early next week. Shame on me for not updating my address with Art. Sorry for the negativity, but I'm a bit freaked out. Frank

Hey frussell: I used to work at the post office. If the carrier is your regular carrier at your old place, he will know and send it to CFS (Central Forwarding Service) . I also used to work at CFS. If you have been gone for more than a year, it will be returned to sender. You are safe since the package has to be signed for. However, if it goes to CFS, it will delay your shipment by about 3 days.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are a couple of "then and now" pictures of my "1928 Reunion" hat from Art ("then" on the left and "now" on the right). Looking back at my original post in this thread, it was almost exactly three years ago to the day that I received this hat. It seems like much longer ago than that, but I guess it's because so much has happened in the past three years. The pictures are a little grainy, so they don't do the hat justice. I tried as best I could to take both shots as close to the same angle and size as the original photos.

Again, this hat has seen it's share of good, honest use, and has remained in excellent condition. Thanks, Art, for making such a fine hat that has served me well.

Hatthennow2.jpg

Hatthennow1.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
I got my new Black VS today....

A tip of my VS to toobacat who posted pics of a remake that Art did for him.

I loved the ribbon work and with his permission I asked Art to make this hat for me.

t4tthd.jpg

dnomj4.jpg

25jy5w9.jpg

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
My new travelling hat from Art.

I just told Art the purpose of this hat and I let him decide everything. It was a total surprise for me when I get it today and a VERY VERY good surprise I might say!!!

Thank you Art !!!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Cliff, the color is black.

I believe the felt is lightweight so it make the hat more crushable than the normal felt Art use, it is also more bearable to wear during the summer.

Also the height crown and brim size make aren't too important and make the hat not a nuisance during travel.

DRB

One Too Many
SpeedRcrX : I think you look great in that hat. I especially like the ribbon styling. That looks like a new ribbon style from Art that I have never seen before. Congratulations. Happy traveling. Take some pictures while you travel!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
SpeedRcrX : I think you look great in that hat. I especially like the ribbon styling. That looks like a new ribbon style from Art that I have never seen before. Congratulations. Happy traveling. Take some pictures while you travel!

Thank you for your compliments. For the ribbon I asked Art to surprise me like he did with my first VS and the chevrons, like usual he didn't disappoint.
In July, I will travel to Ireland so expect to see some photos!

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ordinary Guy, SpeedRcrX two really nice Black VS hats.

It's funny how the colours seen to go in cycles, I have an order with Art for a new black hat as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner