Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
thanks for reply,

I was pondering a granite , the charcoal looks dark, My black cherry will cover any dark hat need. Thanks for the suggestion I was thinking granite with a Navy , eggplant or a deep burgundy ribbon.

don't know if Art has steel gray , though I read in a thread he had a batch made up? the steel gray has a green tint to it. granite looks like some brown tones to it? Art

"John"

Sure John, I have steel, no worries. Just let me know when you are ready and in the mean time, enjoy the Black cherry

RBH

Bartender
WOOHOO!!! A new color is in.
Behold, " Limestone"
This color right now is in Century felt and a new unnamed blend of beaver and Chinchilla. The blend is a project I am doing with Nick Foquet, formerly Westbrook Maker in Venice Ca, and I'm really excited about it. The first time I touched this felt I fell in love, you will too.
View attachment 5222 View attachment 5223

Sweet hat Art!
Limestone is the county in Alabama my family is from.

gambit

New in Town
WOOHOO!!! A new color is in.
Behold, " Limestone"
This color right now is in Century felt and a new unnamed blend of beaver and Chinchilla. The blend is a project I am doing with Nick Foquet, formerly Westbrook Maker in Venice Ca, and I'm really excited about it. The first time I touched this felt I fell in love, you will too.
View attachment 5222 View attachment 5223

Dangit Art! Why did you have to go around doing something like that! Posting a new color and making me want another hat! This post and seeing all the hats while recently watching "Guys and Dolls" have created some heavy temptations. I just hope I can be sated by the Tuxedo Junction that I hope gets delivered today.

Last edited:

mustangman3000

One of the Regulars
Art, can you describe the color? Pictures typically look way different than they do in person. To me it looks like it falls in between Silverbelly and Dove, maybe a couple shades darker?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Art, can you describe the color? Pictures typically look way different than they do in person. To me it looks like it falls in between Silverbelly and Dove, maybe a couple shades darker?

Not even close Mustangman, I would say take Natural and add dark grey and you will come close. As I get more made I will be able to offer better shots but this is the only hat in existence right now.

I DO have some cutoffs to send to anyone interested, just let me know.

gambit

New in Town
Not even close Mustangman, I would say take Natural and add dark grey and you will come close. As I get more made I will be able to offer better shots but this is the only hat in existence right now.

I DO have some cutoffs to send to anyone interested, just let me know.

I would like to take up on the offer for the cutoff sample.

I can't wait to see other hats pop up with this shade, though, since I feel what usually helps influence my decisions in felt colors is by seeing it in full hat form from different pics and how they match with different shape, ribbon colors, and lighting.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I would like to take up on the offer for the cutoff sample.

I can't wait to see other hats pop up with this shade, though, since I feel what usually helps influence my decisions in felt colors is by seeing it in full hat form from different pics and how they match with different shape, ribbon colors, and lighting.

That is why we now have the Hat Collage page. So you can see many different hats with the same felt body.
Hope this helps you choose your hat color.
Felt Color Collage

Last edited:

dnjan

One Too Many
How do you find that page from Art's main site? I can never find information I want when I go to the site, though I am sure it must be there.

Thanks,

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Don; Here is a roadmap to the collages - (1) start at the home site or http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com / (2) then go to limited editions or http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/limited_edition/lim_ed_start.htm (3) then click on quality felts (highlighted in 1st sentence) (4) it brings to a color swatch page then 1/2 way down on page click the highlighted "examples of customer's hats" (4) finally here - http://www.vintagesilhouettes.com/Felt_Color_Collage.htm .

Ametuer road map above, but I have to be out the door and off to the gym shortly.

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn