Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
kaosharper1 said:
Great hats, guys. Can you give us some details like crown height and brim widths? Thanks.

Thanks. Mine is Mojave ,I think, with a pewter/greenish ribbon with mojave bow accent. Dress weight under welt with black liner.
5" diamond
2 3/8" brim

RobStC

A-List Customer
and I opened up this stunner this morning.
christmasvs004.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful...... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
The slanted knot on the ribbon gives it a lovely touch of 'momentum' that works very nicely with the slope of the bash.

Is it too late to propose this as one of the nicest hats of 2009?

Enjoy!
Rob StC

Just in case of any confusion:
Sorry, somehow managed to leave out the quotes from H-B Bart, who's hat this most definitely is! Wish it were mine, though.....:eek:

Jabos

A-List Customer
frussell-we want to see a pic of your new Art hat! Now you know why "you just can't have one"!

HBart-georgous. So, he is doing the underwelt/overwelt with regular weight hats now? Did you ask for the underwelt, or did he surprise you? I think I'm gonna ask for my third to have an under/overwelt. And I love the knot slant! Just when I thought I'd seen it all. . .

Also, great hat Mulceber, probably my next color.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
frussell-we want to see a pic of your new Art hat! Now you know why "you just can't have one"!

HBart-georgous. So, he is doing the underwelt/overwelt with regular weight hats now? Did you ask for the underwelt, or did he surprise you? I think I'm gonna ask for my third to have an under/overwelt. And I love the knot slant! Just when I thought I'd seen it all. . .

Also, great hat Mulceber, probably my next color.

Thanks. He did a dress weight welted edge for D-guys last one and I asked for a welted edge but didn't specify which type. It's my first welted edge and now having it in my mitts I would definately reccommend it. It is amazing fine work and really looks alot like a cavanagh edge. The ribbon work is amazing. The more Art just does his thing the more happy I am with the result, and he defintely has the type of hat I like dialed in.
I will be looking forward to seeing your next.......;)

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I now see how a VS, work of Art can put a smile like this one on anybody's mug.

IMG_0904.jpg

I just hope some day I'm as fortunate as all of you.

Bart, love the color and ribbon work on your latest, Rob, congrats on yours as well. :eusa_clap

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
I sent Art this picture and told him I liked the color combo but not the style
tangreyhat.jpg

christmasvs004.jpg

And as D-guys latest proves also, Arts dress weight welted edges are amazing

What a great achievement to finish off 2009, and a fine piece indeed. Wear it in the best of health for 2010 :eusa_clap

frussell

One Too Many
Still Stuck On My Head

This hat has only left my melon because my wife won't let me sleep in it. Granite, inspired by Jauntyone and a few others here. Frank
PC280375.jpg
[/IMG]

PC280369.jpg
[/IMG]

PC280378.jpg
[/IMG]

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Brilliant idea!!!

RobStC said:
christmasvs004.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful...... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
The slanted knot on the ribbon gives it a lovely touch of 'momentum' that works very nicely with the slope of the bash.

Is it too late to propose this as one of the nicest hats of 2009?

Enjoy!
Rob StC

Just in case of any confusion:
Sorry, somehow managed to leave out the quotes from H-B Bart, who's hat this most definitely is! Wish it were mine, though.....:eek:
Think I have seen what I am going to give myself for my birthday this year;) :rolleyes: :eusa_clap :p :D

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Happy birthday to MEEEE!!!

gtdean48 said:
Sounds like a plan. I turn 50 in March so I'm working on getting a VS worked into the birthday present idea with my wife & son....wish me luck!

I will enter my 50th year in May and this week I will enter my first full calendar year in which I am aware of Art Fawcett and VS hats.

I have, since my very early years, loved great clothes, films, food, travel, basically the finer things including hats, of course. Only since I started looking on the web and came across "The Lounge" have I started to really acquaint myself fully with sombreros. I have now learned so very much that I know I know nothing with the exception of the following: I will have a VS for this milestone (and as many others as I can think of lol).

Thinking out loud what I shall be ordering soon: Wide brim(2.5+); pearl ribbon and lining; lighter mossy-green, thick, luxurious, sensuous felt; razor sharp diamond crease, standing tall and proud, accentuating the cavanaugh edge as it swoops away at high speed like a classic roadster on a sunny, brusque seaside drive...:rolleyes:

In short, I want to have a seduction to wear on my head ;) and, from what I see in these pages, Art seems to be the man for the job:D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Wish me luck on the combination and matching,

Woody

cookie

I'll Lock Up
[In short, I want to have a seduction to wear on my head ;) and, from what I see in these pages, Art seems to be the man for the job:D:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap]

You can see someone when your hat mania is that far advanced...Art is probably a malign influence in your present state of mind...seek intervention from the appropriate medical professional....:D :eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24