Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Best wishes

Art Fawcett said:
So, I'm sending out a great big "Happy Holidays" to everyone, hoping that life treats everyone well over the season and also hoping that every moment is enjoyed as they won't come around a second time.

Best wishes to you and your family Art! Do enjoy the days together with your grandchildren.

And many thanks for letting me share in your craftmanship in the past year. I hope the new year will bring new possibilities for this!

With kind regards,

Peter from The Netherlands

GClark

One of the Regulars
Viper Man said:
Attention facebook users, I recently created a group on FB called the Art Fawcett "Vintage Silhouettes" Appreciation Society. If you use FB, please consider joining and uploading your photos there. Thanks!

Art Fawcett "Vintage Silhouettes" Appreciation Society

Nice idea! Joined and uploaded photos there of my Tucker and the thin ribbon Strat-like hat Art recently made me...

For you people not on FB:
tucker_dec.jpg

VS_strat_beforeWork.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
You stopped?! :eek:

Yeah, I gotta rota system.... Kinda haphazard. Just get into moods of wearing one fedora. Art made me a navy fedora that is great this time of year so I gotta take it out of the box now, But I assure you, it's been well worn. In fact it'll need to make a return trip to Art soon for a freshen up.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Art Fawcett said:
Right now seems like a really good time to Thank everyone for supporting my insanity/passion the last few years. I am continually surprised and gratified by the reactions to my work from all of you. As always, you push me to learn new techniques, create new looks and to work with ribbon in ways that shall we say are "less than common". D'guy, you are one of the guys that really challenge me and I have to admit, I love it!!!

So, I'm sending out a great big "Happy Holidays" to everyone, hoping that life treats everyone well over the season and also hoping that every moment is enjoyed as they won't come around a second time.
Thanks for your great work, Art--you're a true craftsman and, more importantly, a gentleman, and I'm sure your family will be happy to have you free from work. There'll be plenty more of that from us in the new year...I see a welted edge in my future...unless you're ready to try your hand at a Cavanaugh edge! Best wishes and enjoy the holidays!
Steve

Dundee

A-List Customer
Startilng VS hat fund

After reading and viewing all 93 pages of this thread I have dicided to start my VS hat fund. I think I have dicided on the color and possibly the ribbon color and style. Now I ask for patience.

Dundee said:
After reading and viewing all 93 pages of this thread I have dicided to start my VS hat fund. I think I have dicided on the color and possibly the ribbon color and style. Now I ask for patience.
Sounds like a plan. I turn 50 in March so I'm working on getting a VS worked into the birthday present idea with my wife & son....wish me luck!

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
gtdean48 said:
Sounds like a plan. I turn 50 in March so I'm working on getting a VS worked into the birthday present idea with my wife & son....wish me luck!
Nice plan--great way to celebrate your 50th! Now you've got me wondering whether I can pull that argument off for my 48th next year, or whether I've got to wait two years...:eek:

Mulceber

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
Yeah, I gotta rota system.... Kinda haphazard. Just get into moods of wearing one fedora. Art made me a navy fedora that is great this time of year so I gotta take it out of the box now, But I assure you, it's been well worn. In fact it'll need to make a return trip to Art soon for a freshen up.

So why would that stop you? Here's my rota system:
Monday - VS
Tuesday - VS
Wednesday - VS
Thursday - something else
Friday - VS
Saturday - VS
Sunday - VS

Works perfectly well! lol -M

Jabos

A-List Customer
Merry Christmas Art! To think, I didn't know about your hats last Christmas, and now I'm already trying to pick out what will be my third from you! You do a great great job.:eusa_clap

frussell

One Too Many
Got My First

My first VS hat arrived yesterday just in time to throw a quick bash in it and off to the relatives. So far, I've only taken it off to sleep, which was against my will. Excellent. Merry Christmas to all. Frank.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I sent Art this picture and told him I liked the color combo but not the style
tangreyhat.jpg

and I opened up this stunner this morning.
christmasvs004.jpg

christmasvs002.jpg

christmas09015.jpg

And as D-guys latest proves also, Arts dress weight welted edges are amazing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot