Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Mikeymex

New in Town
Dwebber,

Art is truly a master and with as little information as your color choice and a few photos of you with or without hat will be able to say what size brim / crown would go well with your face, style, etc. I forget who put in their post something to the idea that his next Art would be ordered simply by saying "Sir, I need a new hat . . ." and let him design away. That good.

His ribbons, however classic or "out there", are awesome.

I have no other felts, personally, but do not imagine ever dropping $$$ on a new Borsalino when I could get another Art beaver that is unique and shaped to my noggin.

Let us know how it goes . . .

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
The idea about sending some pictures is something I have already thought about and plan to do. I'm sure once I see the samples and we really get going on the design process whatever Art recommends will be fantastic, I have a rough idea and I'm sure he will nail that down with all the details and the finishing touches. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

The Lark

One of the Regulars
Yay! My Depp hat arrived today.

Been playing with the bash all morning, trying to get it just right. Wow, this is such a soft hat compared to my Akubra Bogart, which is stiff as a board. Also, I have to get used to the lack of taper in the crown. It's a very different look.

img0046e.jpg

img0047f.jpg

[IMGhttp://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4584/img0048di.jpg[/IMG]

img00501b.jpg

img0049fg.jpg

The Lark

One of the Regulars
The colour is Silverbelly, which is a fantastic light warm grey. You can't get that kind of shade in Australian hats, and that's why I went to Art. :)

Also, it fits like a glove. At first I thought it was too tight because my Akubra sits a bit looser, but now I realize that Art's hat is the more perfect fit.

img0057vc.jpg

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whooey! Lookey there!

That is a fantastic lid, congrats to you and kudos to Art!
I really like that Hollywood brim treatment :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap .

The Lark said:
The colour is Silverbelly, which is a fantastic light warm grey. You can't get that kind of shade in Australian hats, and that's why I went to Art. :)

Also, it fits like a glove. At first I thought it was too tight because my Akubra sits a bit looser, but now I realize that Art's hat is the more perfect fit.

img0057vc.jpg

Lark,

Great hat, and you wear it well. I like the bash and brim curl, very unique, has that "Bohemian" look. You'll give Depp a run for his money!:)

The Lark

One of the Regulars
I really like that it has a jaunty, bohemian vibe with casual clothing, and yet if I throw a suit on it will still be dressy and flash. All in all, very flexible.

Also, this hat fits the mood for sunny days, whilst my carbon grey Akubra Bogart really doesn't.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I just made the deposit for my first VS hat and am now awaiting the arrival of the conformer. What's the probability of "screwing up" the conformer---you know, not getting a correct measurement? I worry about stuff like that. [huh]

animator

One of the Regulars
jbucklin -I was worried about using the conformer, too. It's very easy to use and when I got my first VS hat it fit perfectly. Absolutely perfectly! Don't worry. Enjoy the process.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
The Lark said:
Yay! My Depp hat arrived today.

Been playing with the bash all morning, trying to get it just right. Wow, this is such a soft hat compared to my Akubra Bogart, which is stiff as a board. Also, I have to get used to the lack of taper in the crown. It's a very different look.

Very very nice. Looks great. I agree, it works with the longish hair. I could never pull that off!

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
So I got the conformer from Art yesterday and the measuring tape, I must have measured my head 4 times and then my wife helped me another 3 when she got home. Turns out its better to read the tape while on your head than take it off and then try to read it yourself. I also got the felt samples, and there are some really really nice colors in there. I think I initially checked 8 or 9 for final consideration. Right now I'm leaning more towards the granite for its versatility in my wardrobe. I wear mostly blue, khaki, white, some red, some gray, some yellow, and some dark green. I think this hat will mostly be a 3 season hat, so the slightly darker color I think will work well with a heavy brown jacket, or what I wear mostly, a charcoal peacoat. So what do you all think about my choice of granite, or based on my details is there a different color the community thinks may for better for me?

dwebber18 said:
... So what do you all think about my choice of granite, or based on my details is there a different color the community thinks may for better for me?
My next Work of Art will most likely be granite. As you stated, very versatile color & I already have 1 in pecan & blue smoke...

kaosharper1

One Too Many
dwebber18 said:
Right now I'm leaning more towards the granite for its versatility in my wardrobe. I wear mostly blue, khaki, white, some red, some gray, some yellow, and some dark green. I think this hat will mostly be a 3 season hat, so the slightly darker color I think will work well with a heavy brown jacket, or what I wear mostly, a charcoal peacoat. So what do you all think about my choice of granite, or based on my details is there a different color the community thinks may for better for me?

Granite's very versatile, but IMHO it doesn't really go with blue because it's a brownish grey that has a slightly green tint. The hat in my avatar is granite, and there are a lot of granite hats on this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner