Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Brando11

A-List Customer
Really nice, Landman! I like that diamond crease a lot, but I usually end up going with a center crease and tight pinch. Just seems to work best for me-

Landman

One Too Many
Really nice, Landman! I like that diamond crease a lot, but I usually end up going with a center crease and tight pinch. Just seems to work best for me-

Brando,

Thanks. I like the way a diamond crease looks but a center crease usually works better for me. I actually have that hat in a Cattleman's now. I guess I'm one of the few on the Fedora Lounge that likes the Cattleman's crease.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks so much, Eric! I'm noticing how similar the VS 100 is to your avatar hat, btw. I've seen quite a few Stetson 100s on the lounge here, as well as listed on Ebay from time to time, and they always seem to have a luminescent quality to them that always catches my eye. So after jonesing for one of them for a few years now, I asked our friend Art to make me one. The specs are: tall, straight crown, gorgeous Silverbelly felt, 2 7/8" fairly flat brim, and thin crown ribbon and binding to match. Art included a stunning red liner and supple brown sweatband. First class, as usual. I'll have to get some more detail shots posted. Thanks guys-

I have saved the shot of your hat. I really like the hat. The pics show it to be a very richly visual with the "Art" pounched felt. Sharp and as you say 1st Class!

I hope you are enjoying the VS 100. Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tom, you have a handsome VS hat sir.

DSC_3041.jpg

:eusa_clap

Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

tealseal

A-List Customer
Hello Gentlemen,
I've received word that my first VS will be shipping out tomorrow! I'm already planning my next lol

I'm after a green hat next. Any chance someone could show me Dark Moss, Forest, and Light Sage to compare them?

Custom hats are fun! Wheeeeee!! :D

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Greens in general seem to be rather difficult to render accurately on film, be it digital or analogue.
The Dark Moss is a traditional color for men's hats and surprisingly versatile. It has the characteristic of "exploding" in bright sunlight, while the camera renders it more dull under this lighting condition - very different from how we perceive it.

Below are some shots of my Dark Moss under even lighting conditions that render the color pretty much the way we see it.

P1070556.jpg

P1070584.jpg

P1070593.jpg

I thought I might add Lloyds VS family shot:

With yesterday's arrival my little VS family is up to 7 members, thanks Art! Now I just have to remember to keep them all in rotation so I don't have to deal with the sibling rivalries :)
Next up will be either a Whiskey or a Black Cherry
Starting at the center, then going to 12 o'clock and moving clockwise in order of acquisition
Dark Moss, Rust, Oxblood, Black, Forrest Green, Pecan and Chocolate

VSFamilyportraitDec20101.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Other Loungers' VS Light Sage

There aren't many VS Light Sage pics (I've saved nearly every pic in this thread) - here are some good ones (none of the hats are mine).

Shots that belong together are grouped together.

lefty-VS1.jpg
lefty-VS2.jpg

ltsage5.jpg

ltsage1.jpg

ltsage32.jpg

ltsage_2054116966_be00476328.jpg
ltsage_2053340729_1e907267fc.jpg

ltsage_P7306603_m.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member