Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Awfully nice of your brother, MM3000. Good looking VS too - the Black Cherry felt is one of my favorites and the ribbon goes very well with it.

I have a new VS coming too, unfortunately forgot to ask Art to ship to my office so it was taken back to the PO when there was no one at home today.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
y7ymy4yg.jpg
Just got this today! It's a birthday present from my brother.

It's black cherry with a steel grey ribbon and a triple stitched brim.

It's a really great and unique combination! Thanks Zack and Art for this amazing hat!

Very nice.

gambit

New in Town
Dangit, Mustangman, I was all good and satisfied, but then you posted this hat and make me want a new one!

Beautiful lid and great colors you got there!

MrEllis

New in Town
My second VS: Sahara

I asked Art for a specific ribbon treatment (inspired by a few hats here on the forum) and boy did he deliver!

IMG_1190.jpg

I'll try to get more photos up later in the week.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
A while ago our fellow Lounger hatband posted a shot of a hat he had found on the forum. Turned out it was a 1930's Stetson Feather Weight that Alan owned from this post.

We both thought it would be a great style to have as a custom and hatband's was delivered a couple of weeks back. My version arrived yesterday.

This is the lightweight felt in Silverbelly and I asked Art if he could put vents at the top of the crown, as we some on some vintage hats. Rather than use his usual logo in the crown, Art stamped the logo onto the felt - he also shipped the hat with his usual red liner to use in cooler weather.

I'm very happy with the hat - the felt is the lightest of the ArtLite hats I have, I hardly notice I'm wearing it.

Thanks for creating this for me, Art!

D31_8290-L.jpg

D31_8292-L.jpg

D31_8293-L.jpg

D31_8294-L.jpg

D31_8297-L.jpg

I thought that edge treatment looked familiar in your post this morning. I am honored that one of my favorite lightweight Stetsons was an inspiration for this project. Congratulations, David and Art, on a fine hat and a fine piece of craftsmanship.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, guys.

Alan, here's hatband's version. He went with a grey felt so the colour looks closer to your original.

IMG_1388_zps2ae0c25c.jpg

Art has kept the same styling features, but the hats are still different.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
A while ago our fellow Lounger hatband posted a shot of a hat he had found on the forum. Turned out it was a 1930's Stetson Feather Weight that Alan owned from this post.

We both thought it would be a great style to have as a custom and hatband's was delivered a couple of weeks back. My version arrived yesterday.

This is the lightweight felt in Silverbelly and I asked Art if he could put vents at the top of the crown, as we some on some vintage hats. Rather than use his usual logo in the crown, Art stamped the logo onto the felt - he also shipped the hat with his usual red liner to use in cooler weather.

I'm very happy with the hat - the felt is the lightest of the ArtLite hats I have, I hardly notice I'm wearing it.

Thanks for creating this for me, Art!

Beauty!

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
David that hat is sweet in every aspect! It looks very light, almost paper thin in the profile shot of the brim. Congratulations!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichelleGrace86