Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

carter

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
geeze..what was I thinking? OK, new list
hats, beef, DQ, and booze....reaching for the Crown Royal as I type:D

How 'bout hats, booze, beef, booze, knockwurst, booze, rye bread, booze, ....DQ (?) ?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
DQ= Dairy Queen Sir..darn good ice cream & stuff!!

OK, OK, so let me get this straight, we now have,
hats,booze, beef, booze, DQ, booze, rye bread, booze, MOST excellent cigars, booze, ( I would add babes, but I'm a very married guy and intend to stay that way :rolleyes: )
What the heck is a Gurkha warlord IC?

Sorry Carter, knockworst isn't high on my cuisine list...now, sourbratten ( sp) is a different story. ;)

Qwkslvr

One of the Regulars
Art Fawcett said:

hats,booze, beef, booze, DQ, booze, rye bread, booze, MOST excellent cigars, booze, ( I would add babes, but I'm a very married guy and intend to stay that way :rolleyes: )

Sorry Carter, knockworst isn't high on my cuisine list...now, sourbratten ( sp) is a different story. ;)
If I recall my history aright, a Gurkha is a throwing knife designed to be thrown from horseback. What I'm curious to find out is; why is the warlord invited?:eek:

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Coming in late here...

Just wanted to jump in real quick here.

Last time I saw Tony in Tarzana he was wearing a work of “Art” and I was very impressed!

As you all know by now, I’m a purest when it comes to hats… and I mostly only wear vintage. But, when I scrape up some dough, I’m going to place an order!

Art, you must hear this all the time from your customers but, you’ve really become a master hatter! :eusa_clap

Sincerely,
Robert.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:

My new favorite cigar !!Gurkha is the brand and warlord is oe of the models. The band does have the gurkha warrior and knife on it which is very cool looking. nice oily wrapper and good burn!! currently replacing romeo y julietta as my top!:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Forgotten Man said:
Just wanted to jump in real quick here.

Last time I saw Tony in Tarzana he was wearing a work of “Art” and I was very impressed!

As you all know by now, I’m a purest when it comes to hats… and I mostly only wear vintage. But, when I scrape up some dough, I’m going to place an order!

Art, you must hear this all the time from your customers but, you’ve really become a master hatter! :eusa_clap

Sincerely,
Robert.
I know what you mean!!I have placed my order based on a rough idea. Can't wait to see what Art does with it! Although I fear it will be so above anything else I have that it will spend more display or special occassion time than wearing. So I will need to order another one soon after!:D :eusa_doh:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
thank you Rob,
Knowing you for as long as I have, I take that as a genuine compliment.

For those too new to the Lounge to know, Rob was/is one of the Gents that convinced me to join the Lounge many years ago when it was beginning. He had been a client for years, trading partner, and source of many conversations regarding vintage clothing. We spent much time at the clothing shows educating each other with info that we had found and in fact, the Logo that I use on my hatboxes was designed for me by Robert. Although I don't use it on my liners anymore, it has become one of the identifiers associated with my name. I will always be greatful for your contribution Rob ( nope, although I offered, he wouldn't accept payment) and wherever my business leads, you will always be part of whatever success I achieve.

Qwkslvr

One of the Regulars
indycop said:
My new favorite cigar !!Gurkha is the brand and warlord is oe of the models. The band does have the gurkha warrior and knife on it which is very cool looking. nice oily wrapper and good burn!! currently replacing romeo y julietta as my top!:D
Phew! I was worried just what kind of party this was going to be. I hope that cigar isn't shaped like a gurkha. I'm going to the smoke shop later today. I'm going to give that cigar a try if they have them.

Qwkslvr said:
Phew! I was worried just what kind of party this was going to be. I hope that cigar isn't shaped like a gurkha. I'm going to the smoke shop later today. I'm going to give that cigar a try if they have them.

Its a decent cigar at a decent price. They have really gone up in quality since their beginning. :cool2:
I am still bringing the La Gloria though. ;) :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Qwkslvr said:
Oh you now have me under pressure since I have only been into cigars a little over a year!! I tried the much touted Opus X and was'nt impressed but love this one!:rolleyes:
And I already have an idea for my second Art Fawcett and havent even finished through the first yet! But will probably be put on hold for deelovely who wants one next for our anniversary next Feb.:eusa_doh:

indycop said:
Oh you now have me under pressure since I have only been into cigars a little over a year!! I tried the much touted Opus X and was'nt impressed but love this one!:rolleyes:
And I already have an idea for my second Art Fawcett and have even finished through the first yet! But will probably be put on hold for deelovely who wants one next for our anniversary next Feb.:eusa_doh:

Opus X doesn't impress me much either.
The various offereings from Arturo Fuente and Arturo Fawcett do. ;) :p

indycop

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Opus X doesn't impress me much either.
The various offereings from Arturo Fuente and Arturo Fawcett do. ;) :p
Haha!!! A vintage silhouette edition cigar and hat would be cool!! The band could match the band around the ribbon!!!lol lol lol

duggap

Banned
Indycop, you need to drive down to Ybor City in Tampa and get yourself a box of the hand rolled cigars they make there. They are worth the price, if they are still there. It has been 20 years since I stopped smoking so I haven't been there lately. That and an Arturo Fawcett and you are in business.:rolleyes:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
duggap said:
Indycop, you need to drive down to Ybor City in Tampa and get yourself a box of the hand rolled cigars they make there. They are worth the price, if they are still there. It has been 20 years since I stopped smoking so I haven't been there lately. That and an Arturo Fawcett and you are in business.:rolleyes:
Definitely in my future! Any hat places there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner