Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett wait times

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
duggap said:
Sir, if you have experienced an Art Fawcett hat and you still don't have a problem waiting, would you please be so kind as to share some of that wonderful medication you must surely possess. Monday will be two weeks and already I have broken out in a rash, lost 7 pounds and can't sleep.:D

It must just be the Pacific Ocean breeze that gets to me here in California.:D Looks like I won't be getting a hat for a couple more months, I just did an impulsive buy on a lambskin leather jacket I picked up for half off. Oh well.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
My wait has ended and the e-mail has been sent out and received just a couple of days ago from Art. I can hardly contain myself. :D :D :D :D :D :D It is my turn to get a new work of Art. So I have decided that I would give Art my color choice for the body which is Blue Smoke and leave the rest to Art.

So my next Work of Art will be the "Surprise Fedora", I know this is going to be a superlative looking Work of Art. I can hardly wait! Wait a minute Another Wait:eek: :eek: :eek: Oh well I know that my Surprise Lid from Art is going to be one heck of a cover.
Hats are like potato chips, You just can't have one. Especially a Work of Art's :eek:

Stan

A-List Customer
I recently did the same

Hi,

I wanted to give my wife her first custom made hat for our 10th anniversary last month. So, I pulled a buch of measurements off the best-fitting vintage hat of hers and sent them off to Art. I just specified that it be burgundy felt and left the rest up to Art.

She was pleased as punch with the result, and it even fit correctly, so that meant I actually measured correctly! :D

Later!

Stan

Neil

A-List Customer
Wait times

The wait times get ever longer. Art Fawcett takes nearly three months. I have heard that AdventureBuilt is now telling people six months.
There are simply too few good hatmakers, too many eager customers.
Which I suppose is a good thing.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Art's wait times used be incredibly short. However, he has wisely chosen to put his health first, and slowed down. He still has one of the shortest waiting periods out there for a custom hat, though. For now. lol

Neil

A-List Customer
I agree

No doubt about that. And he makes an excellent product. I think a lot of it has to do with demand, too. More and more people want custom hats. And there are only a few guys making them.
Personally, I don't mind the wait or the price. And you're right, I don't see why Art doesn't hike his prices. I would. Optimo now asks at least $550, and Graham doesn't seem to have much problem finding business.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I hope Art doesn't raise his prices soon. I'm thinking about getting in line again after Christmas.

radsag

New in Town
Never again!

BobC said:
I hope Art doesn't raise his prices soon. I'm thinking about getting in line again after Christmas.

I've just received my First Work of Art, and certainly not the last, this week.
If I ever buy another Borsalino, somebody slap me,please! I love the Borsalino's I have, but never again. Art, I LOVE YOU MAN!

univibe88

One Too Many
radsag said:
I've just received my First Work of Art, and certainly not the last, this week.
If I ever buy another Borsalino, somebody slap me,please! I love the Borsalino's I have, but never again. Art, I LOVE YOU MAN!

If you do, you will get a visit from The ENFORCER

Make sure to posts pictures of your new Work of Art in the Art Fawcett Hall of Fame thread.....or else you'll get a visit from.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner