Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett wait times

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Yes, I have IC, Carter got the first of the red and some blacks have gone out but I don't have pics and they haven't posted yet. I'll try to get them pictured soon.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Eyes under the hat

Those images should be pleasing to the eyes. Even though I'm not generally fond of the warmer end of the spectrum, but there's something about some shades of red that I rather like and I've always been a sucker for black, and not merely because it's slimming... although that has been a consideration.

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Art Fawcett said:
HI AFI,
the gents are right, I'm between 4 to 6 weeks at the moment and that includes the mailing time for the conformer. I've been able to schedule ( most days) tree cutting & clearing in the mornings while the ground is still frozen and hatwork afternoons and eve's so I'm starting to feel like I'm getting caught up. I have a few that have been here too long but that is being remedied. Actually, getting 10" of snow over the weekend has helped..." but Honey..the snow is too DEEP to cut today" :D Hat shop it is then....

Thanks, Art. I've been admiring (which is the polite way of saying "drooling over") your work since I first saw them last summer as my interest in hats gained momentum. I knew Steve and Marc of AB have been swamped with orders as of late, wasn't sure if the Indy 4 hype had translated into more of a boom in your corner of the market as well.
About the hats posted on your site: are the quantities listed current? I'm seriously considering the Savoy (of which there is only one left, according to VS.com), or something resembling the Rt. 66 only darker. I mentioned above the hat you made for Carter that he refers to as a "Rt 66 Variant", which is absolutely lovely. to me that is the perfect shape and ribbon treatment that I'm looking for, but I'm leaning towards black with deep DEEP blue ribbon (two-tone perhaps?) or a gray with a more muted blue ribbon.
There, I've gone and made my wish list before getting authorization! :eusa_doh: :D Thanks again (everybody) for the input, and I hope to see more photos of Art's work from which I can glean some more ideas!

Regards, Andy

indycop

I'll Lock Up
At first I thought liners did not really matter other than my own personal liking. But as I wear my hats to church I have noticed that once I am inside I end up carrying the hat more than wearing it. The way I carry it has the liner showing to the public rather than the crown , So a fancy liner shows a nice hat as well as the hat itself! :D

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
In the same boat!

I hear you, IC!
My first VS is on the way but I am already saving for another. Actually there are two styles that I really like and I have to make a decision. Dang Art! Your hats are too nice!! ;)

duggap

Banned
Heck, I already got four and one on the way, plus a panama that Art blocked and finished. One more hat and Art becomes a dependent for my tax return.;)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Your hats are too nice!!

Thanks Fusion, but not possible...

AFI, the site is correct, I only have enough of that exact ribbon for one more Savoy, but please understand that I can make something similar using a different ribbon, making it outside of the Ltd Edition. Most of my hats actually start with an idea inspired from a Ltd. Edition, but as soon as we change anything it stops being one. Make sense?

I already have the next 3 picked out

ummm, dare I ask?

One more hat and Art becomes a dependent for my tax return.

yet another goal to reach..:D lol lol lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
ummm, dare I ask?
Not nervous are you? Nothing could be as hard as Remembrance!:D Besides a jeweler already told me today he could not make a pin out of an indian head nickel.:eusa_doh: lol

I even have a cabinet picked out for holding them once I get the 3rd!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
duggap said:
Heck, I already got four and one on the way, plus a panama that Art blocked and finished. One more hat and Art becomes a dependent for my tax return.;)
Great make that the next 4! I forgot I was going to send him my Montecristi!shakeshead
Pgoat, the thing about Art's hats are that every one of them can be different! Sounds like a diabolical plan he came up with!lol

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Yes, I have IC, Carter got the first of the red and some blacks have gone out but I don't have pics and they haven't posted yet. I'll try to get them pictured soon.

Well, I must have missed something, because this is news to me! I love colorful liners!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner