Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett's Vintage Silhouettes

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Here are a bunch of pictures of Art's shop, including his Vault, where lots of hats and stuff are stored. I believe that Andykev took these today.

DCP_3099-vi.jpg

DCP_3100-vi.jpg

DCP_3101-vi.jpg

DCP_3103-vi.jpg

DCP_3104-vi.jpg

DCP_3105-vi.jpg

DCP_3106-vi.jpg

DCP_3109-vi.jpg

DCP_3111-vi.jpg

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Egads Art, is there anything you don't have??? What a great collection. By the way, do you have a price list on your website of what you charge for different services, ie. hat cleaning, reblocking, ribbon change outs etc.

fedoralover

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
well Fedoralover, I don't have a million bucks, I don't have most of my hair, geeze there's alot i don't have!! Now, Hats I have a few of...
Actually Rich, I haven't thought that far ahead on this business. Until the lounge came around I was a well kept secret working for myself and a few close freinds and haven't had to put a firm list together as for prices. It looks like I need to do that. The problem is, I discount to the Lounge members but not to general public so what ever I post on the site I am stuck with or I have much explaining to do. Maybe I can have a special secret list. I'll have to work on that.
Thanks for the interest

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Gee Art, that's really kind of you to do that. I suppose you could just give a quote for a particular service through a PM if someone was needing something done.

regards fedoralover

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
Forget Toronto!!!

Forget going to Toronto tomorrow...I'm catching the next plane to Art's shop . This is honestly going to require a trip down from the Great White North!:D . Where exactly are you Art? I'm always hoping to combine professional development conferences with abit of shopping and making contact with friends.

Once your list is together..you've got a definite customer in me

Warm Regards
Kilgour Trout

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
It's easy Kilgour

just hop on a plane to San Francisco. I'm about 30 minutes outside of the City, oh, in rush hour make that 1 1/2 hrs. Wow, I had no clue that Andy's pics would create this kind of response. I guess my hobby might turn into something afterall. :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW...it's been a couple of years since this thread & thanks for bringing it back up Marc. Funny thing is, I really don't miss the business that much. I really thought I would be going through "vintage" withdrawls but the hat business has kept me from feeling bad about not having that anymore. Heck, there hasn't been enough time to get things done without that.
Lawman, after losing my father in late '03 and my stepmother ( only 5 years older than me) in early '05, my schedule started looking absurd, decided to stop, and sold every business and all inventory save my personal clothing. Life is much simpler now!!

playitagainsam

New in Town
It's kind of odd how life changing events can make us slow down and appreciate the simpler things isn't it? I'm still knee deep in the rat race as a software developer. I would give anything to not have to do it each day at middle age, but I have 6 year old twin boys that count on me so I'll be doing it for quite some time, Lord willing.

Enjoy your blessed time all you can.

:)

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Man, looks like it would have been a great place for me to visit! Better off that the former owner is happier, tho!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you for the sentiments Sam & Chanfan, life really IS a lot better now. What you see is only ONE of the 4 businesses my wife and I owned. Yeah...we are both "A" types))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes