Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Article on Retro '40s looks in the Daily Mail

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I am 99% sure she got them from VivienofHolloway.com (or the shop) before she redesigned her site and hasn't put them back on. I emailed her recently as she said earlier in the year she'd start doing longer lengths in her trousers, and she said she has the trousers and overalls (all made from the Simplicity pattern you can buy from Evadress) in her shop, so I hope she puts them back online too.

Kitty_Sheridan

Practically Family
I run an old fashioned YMCA canteen at a swing music festival and she came along at about 1am with some friends but I didn't know who she was! Was only when she was in the Daily mirror I suddenly realised!
I have two pairs of her wide leg trousers. Only complaint is, they run small and I wish she did a longer leg length, but I do love them, they look great with a jacket or little knit.
K

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
im glad some other girls love overalls and bibs!
they're also one of my staple wears, i love them, but it's funny how many jibes i get when im on the bus in them! [huh]

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Wow!.....

Thanks for posting that! Those ladies have style in spades! I love the way each one has taken vintage fashion and put their own personal twist on it.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Kitty_Sheridan said:
I run an old fashioned YMCA canteen at a swing music festival and she came along at about 1am with some friends but I didn't know who she was! Was only when she was in the Daily mirror I suddenly realised!
I have two pairs of her wide leg trousers. Only complaint is, they run small and I wish she did a longer leg length, but I do love them, they look great with a jacket or little knit.
K

She does do a longer leg lenght, as per my post above! She's also sizing by waist and hip now so no buying 2 sizes bigger than normal to get them to fit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot