Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art's Cheyenne (just in this morning! pictures included)

Barry

Practically Family
I just got back from the post office and opened up the box! This is my second very recent custom hat purchase. The other was from another hatter.

This is one beautiful hat. :fedora:

The felt is wonderful - both the color and the feel. The photos do not do it justice. The sweatband is a nice piece of leather - none of that thin, vinyl-like stuff here. The hat fits perfectly and the crown height and brim are a good match for me, I think.

I think this hat would look nicer with a suit than with the Aero jacket I'm wearing in the picture.

vschey1.jpg

vschey2.jpg

vschey5.jpg

And me...

vschey4.jpg

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Compliment and a Question....

That's a great looking hat!
Is that an Aero Highwayman you're wearing?

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
I thought the Cheyenne looked good on Art's WebSite... Actually seeing it in relationship to a person's features makes me covet one all the more !!!

Luck you !!! Modern Vintage; Vintage Craftsmanship in a Modern Lid... Vintage Art, in a Modern Fedora... I can't describe it, but I know I like it.

The lid captures the essence of a bygone era, one that represented class and culture... people on the streets will immediately recognize this and automatically a feeling of comfort will overcome them in your presence...
Wear it in good health, Excellent expression of yourself Art !!! :cheers1:

Serge

New in Town
great looking hat

Art is working on a taos style (different colors) hat for me. After seeing your hat the anticipation is killing me. He certainly did a beautiful job on yours.

Those 100 beaver felt Art lids surely do spoil a person, don't they, Barry? They're so obviously superior that even the uninitiated can tell at a glance that they're something special.
I'm a bargain hunter. (Today I'll transform what had been a dirty, banged-up, undersized vintage Lee I bought for five bucks into a good-looking, serviceable hat. It spent a few hours yesterday bathing in naptha.) It's not that I am unwilling to pay what an item is worth, but I do expect to get my money's worth, and when I don't I raise a stink such to make a merchant wish he'd done me right in the first place. I consider such behavior my duty to God, country, and the free-enterprise system.
There's no doubt that what Art offers is a true bargain. The quality of his hats is hard to match at any price, and that he charges about what a new, rabbit felt, so-so (at best) Borsalino costs makes the choice obvious.
By the way, Barry, that looks like a very versatile hat. Yup, it would look great with a suit, but it looks great with that leather jacket, too.

Harry Lime

Suspended
I have to chime in and say that your hat and jacket look great Barry. Really nice style and the high crown is brilliant. Congratulations, you wear it very well.

Harry Lime

Barry

Practically Family
Flitcraft said:
That's a great looking hat!
Is that an Aero Highwayman you're wearing?

Yep, it's the Highwayman. I really like the jacket. The original zipper was replaced and that was a bad experience. The jacket is breaking in pretty well.

Everyone: Thank you for your nice comments.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Wow!

What a fabulous hat and I have to chime in that it suits you perfectly.

Excellent work, Art!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Whew!!!! I'm so glad it fit well!!!
Thanks for all the kind words Gents.. since I have all my felt colors in for now this is getting to be fun!! I have a few more new designs that will be going up on the site soon ( our website guru is working feverishly)...hmmm, only one is named so far...wanna take a shot at names?

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Great Hat, Barry

Barry,

That hat looks marvelous on you Barry!

Who is this magician, Art?

No really...great hat, Art...really great hat!!!

Art, Any chance of one of the new models being called the "WEEGEE" ???

Barry...do you have a suit in mind to wear when in the formal with your

prize "Cheyenne" ?

The best,

WeeGee

:cheers1:

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Shot at names he says!!

Art Fawcett said:
Whew!!!! I'm so glad it fit well!!!
Thanks for all the kind words Gents.. since I have all my felt colors in for now this is getting to be fun!! I have a few more new designs that will be going up on the site soon ( our website guru is working feverishly)...hmmm, only one is named so far...wanna take a shot at names?

Hat Names..!! I'll try,

The Howard

The Hughes

Spruce Goose

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Art Fawcett said:
Hang on Sharpie...I'll post picks asap to get a feel for the design!!

Hmmm...spruce goose...let me see what i can conjure up for THAT name..

Hughes wouldn't have liked the name "Spruce Goose".

If you want an aircraft related name that conjures up H.R.H., think about "Constellation".

LochkeedConstellation-SWA.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy