Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artwork Featuring Hats

Picture5.jpg

Eye bleach - STAT!

Picture4.jpg

There, that's better.

Unknown artists.

The phrase "Roll Tide" will never seem the same to me now.

You may not think it could get any worse...

This all reminds me of the time I was having lunch with a business friend from the eastern US. He was wearing a custom Armani suit but wanted some good BBQ, so I took him to where the food is excellent but the place wouldn't rate any stars for it's ambiance.

Our server had 3 big letters tattooed on her forearm, with the middle letter being larger than the other 2. I recognized the school affiliation immediately; being from the east my friend didn't. He made the mistake of asking if those were the initials to her name, which started a 10 min diatribe about it being her alma mater, how she always wanted to go to school there, how expensive it was, the sacrifices she made, & the education she got.

It was all I could do to refrain from asking, "But you're a waitress now?"

This all reminds me of the time I was having lunch with a business friend from the eastern US. He was wearing a custom Armani suit but wanted some good BBQ, so I took him to where the food is excellent but the place wouldn't rate any stars for it's ambiance.

Our server had 3 big letters tattooed on her forearm, with the middle letter being larger than the other 2. I recognized the school affiliation immediately; being from the east my friend didn't. He made the mistake of asking if those were the initials to her name, which started a 10 min diatribe about it being her alma mater, how she always wanted to go to school there, how expensive it was, the sacrifices she made, & the education she got.

I think this happened a lot more often than people think. A lot of the people I went to high school with went on to college and got their degrees, then couldn't find jobs in whichever career they had studied for so they had to take whatever jobs were available just to make ends meet and pay off their student loans. Before long those jobs became their careers and they were still paying for a college education they never really got to use.

She must have been a Liberal Arts Major. I feel her pain...

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

Did it look like this ? ...

th

Did it look like this ? ...

th
Bingo! The point of the story was not to identify or redicule the actual university, or to debate what degrees might be meaningless in today's job market. The point was that too many potential students want to attend a certain university because it is out of state, known as a party school or because of their sports team with little regard as to what they will study or the degree they wish to obtain. If a student by choice goes out of state to an expensive school for a liberal arts degree & graduates with a huge student loan debt, they're in trouble all ready.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Yeah , I knew what you meant . Even parents sometimes get sucked into the deal . Unless they have a full ride , and make wise degree choices , besides being tough to find a job , the crazy student loan debt is insane , even in no name Universities . One of my funny experiences began at College Station , ended at Travelers Rest , SC with some suits from NYC . I tried to tell them , but ... . The look on their faces were Priceless .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner