Ask a Question, Get An Answer About Outerwear

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Marc mndt, Jan 4, 2021.

1. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

I read through several long threads on tee shirt under our leather jackets, and what do you wear under your leather jacket but still didn't find what I'm looking for.

I am looking for a decent but not $80 plus teeshirt that has a shorter length. I want something in a large or extra large that does not sit too far below my leather jackets untucked (which usually just covers my belt line). Most of my jackets are 27".
    Thanks,

2. Cornelius

Cornelius Practically Family

The simplest solution would just be to take a few tshirts you already favor to a neighborhood tailor & have them shorten the hem to your liking.

MrProper likes this.
  3. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

Hear hear!
    yeah most L/XL t shirts would come with at least 30”/31” length. Sounds like you are looking for something in the 28” range. Maybe an Asian sized XXL/XXXL Uniqlo would do the trick. In theory, the body will fit width wise at those sizes but shorter.
    Yup… Asian XXL is your friend, 23” P2P, 28” length
    Search on AliExpress and you’ll find tons of options.
    4C7919FD-4087-4C5E-98B3-04EB43821A35.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    roadking04 and jonesy86 like this.
  4. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

From an esthetic point of view, I'm not a fan. Laces are already pretty hardcore imo and the corset is definitely next level. It's not something I'd wear on a first date. That said, I only handled one jacket with a side corset which was actually one of the most comfortable jackets I've ever worn.

5FBB68CF-721A-4750-AB36-2DC8974C5070.jpeg 1F202BA9-5CDA-4F95-934D-8C5B1ED83BA2.jpeg

5. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

This one looks super thick and super soft. Nice!

navetsea and JMax like this.
  6. JMax

JMax I'll Lock Up

Walter Dyer, Natal, Kerr…all have that thick AF yet soft/spongy hide. Really great stuff.

Canuck Panda and Marc mndt like this.
  7. Mandarin

Mandarin A-List Customer

I prefer the more discreet side laces, but basically, it's the same system, and it's the best way to adjust a jacket to the waist. In this case, it's the result that matters, and function is way more important than appearance. I have a Vanson model E, and it fits perfectly.

8. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

I'm shrinking out of all of my jackets... What to do? Sell everything? (incredible hassle) Eat more and get fat again? (Easy and delightful)

jadub, Jin431, torfjord and 2 others like this.
  9. dwilson

dwilson One of the Regulars

I can't speak for the quality quite yet since they're still on the way to me but I bought 3x of these Red Tornado shirts the other day. They seem to have a somewhat shorter length you're looking to get. Its my first dip into the Chinese repro scene so I'm anxious to compare the quality to the Japanese made counterparts.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002362860218.html

jonesy86, Jin431 and Canuck Panda like this.
  10. torfjord

torfjord One Too Many

Damn. That sucks. Congratulations on the weight loss though. But yeah in this hobby losing weight has a definitive downside. Honest answer, sell everything that’s too big on you. Use the funds to buy a Thedi or two. Never look back, zero regrets.

Monitor, Cornelius, Marc mndt and 3 others like this.
  11. Imuricecreamman

Probably the way to go. Gonna mull it over this weekend. I still have a few that fit good.

Canuck Panda and Jin431 like this.
  12. Al 916

Al 916 One of the Regulars

Thinking on buying an Aero Highwayman (pre-loved).
    If you have one in FQHH I would really appreciate seeing the difference in patina/wear of the browns against the black.

Many thanks

Jin431 likes this.
  13. red devil

red devil My Mail is Forwarded Here

This :D

torfjord, Imuricecreamman and Jin431 like this.
  14. Jin431

Jin431 Call Me a Cab

Do a @dudewuttheheck and sell everything that don't fit right! It should be a good to opportunity to de clutter your closet and consolidate the herd. Congrats on the weight loss.

15. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yeah it's a hassle, but it is more than worth it. Once you get things that fit you at your new healthier weight, you will be more than thrilled @Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman, Cornelius and Jin431 like this.
  16. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

to me losing weight also make me lose body insulation and I get cold much easier, so my suggestion is to buy some vests as mid layer

Jin431 and Monitor like this.
  17. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

How much are you losing for it to impact jacket size?
    I went from 84kg (185lb) when i started this hobby, down to 76kg (167lb) when i was at the peak of my BJJ competition period, back up to 82kg (180lb) for the moment and i never even noticed a difference in fit in anything i wore, jackets and trousers still all fit the same throughout...
    You never looked like someone who was 10kg (22lb) overweight to me, just wondering how you are losing so much weight as to impact fit...

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  18. Imuricecreamman

All my jackets were bought when I was stable at 95kg and I've always been doing a lot of bodyweight exercizing (pushups, chinups and stuff like that) Last year I started taking up running and I've been steadily shedding kilos where I'm now down to 85kg and I've stayed off the strengthtraining to also shed some mass on my upper body to where I'm now looking in the mirror and I look like a clotheshanger for my jackets rather than wearing them.

I have a targetweight of 78-80 kg and if I get there this feeling will probably be even more pronounced.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  19. Carlos840

Carlos840 I'll Lock Up

Yep, 15kg is quite a bit, i can see how that would make a big difference.
    I would have never guessed you where 95kg!

20. Imuricecreamman

At 177cm my weight was always a surprise to me too :D I never felt fat or anything but I maybe am a bit more "dense" than most people :D

Carlos840 likes this.