Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bluechel

Practically Family
I have grown weary of the countless hours spent trying to find a brown Vanson Ike or Enfield in my size 52. Does anyone know if Vanson would build one? Not looking for a custom jacket per se as a 52 Vanson fits me fine OTR. The only website options are black comp weight or Firenze.
I don't see why they wouldn't...have you called them?

Viking752

Practically Family
Let me know how it goes! I am pretty fixated on Vanson, but mostly 90's stuff.
IMG_2447.jpeg

I have but one Vanson, the Model J and I am newly fixated as well.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Just some patina. Next 25 wears is gonna be the most difficult time. But eventually they blend well and the colors turns dark honey. I am also in the teenager years in my patina progress. There is an IH progress thread check that out.

IMG_9408.JPG
IMG_9409.JPG

newtojackets

Practically Family
Has anyone ever bought one of the new leather jackets from Etsy.

I keep seeing amazing looking jackets with good details e.g. Japanese teacore horsehide, for stellar prices. You see these jackets being sold directly by sellers, with amazing looking photos for $200.

Now I’m no idiot. I would never buy these as alarm bellers are going off- definitely way too good to be true

But out of curiosity has anyone ever bought these? What were they like?

Example here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/145...nson+leathers&ref=sr_gallery-1-25&pro=1&frs=1

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Has anyone ever bought one of the new leather jackets from Etsy.

I keep seeing amazing looking jackets with good details e.g. Japanese teacore horsehide, for stellar prices. You see these jackets being sold directly by sellers, with amazing looking photos for $200.

Now I’m no idiot. I would never buy these as alarm bellers are going off- definitely way too good to be true

But out of curiosity has anyone ever bought these? What were they like?

Example here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1455666413/d-pocket-teacore-horsehide-leather?click_key=92cfd0e1eb9834d3d10c56ea354852d743dbeba7:1455666413&click_sum=93b62076&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=vanson+leathers&ref=sr_gallery-1-25&pro=1&frs=1

Probably similar situation to the guys who were ordering from that Instagram account in Japan because of the 'Japan mystique' and he was drop-shipping them cheap Chinese jackets.

newtojackets

Practically Family
Probably similar situation to the guys who were ordering from that Instagram account in Japan because of the 'Japan mystique' and he was drop-shipping them cheap Chinese jackets.
Seems to me a lot of the listings are coming from the same seller from Pakistan.

The thing that’s super suspicious is all the listings from the shop have different photos e.g. different backgrounds etc. Looks like they’re just stealing photos of other well-built jackets rights?

Aloysius

Seems to me a lot of the listings are coming from the same seller from Pakistan.

The thing that’s super suspicious is all the listings from the shop have different photos e.g. different backgrounds etc. Looks like they’re just stealing photos of other well-built jackets rights?

This is the usual way these places work.

jas1598

New in Town
Hi everyone. I've settled on placing an order for a custom Aero, but I'm debating between three styles: Seven, Sheene, and Premier Highwayman. Does anyone know how they compare fit-wise? Are they all pretty similar in fit, or are there differences to be aware of? Thanks!

MrProper

Hi everyone. I've settled on placing an order for a custom Aero, but I'm debating between three styles: Seven, Sheene, and Premier Highwayman. Does anyone know how they compare fit-wise? Are they all pretty similar in fit, or are there differences to be aware of? Thanks!
Sheene = café racer = 50s = regular
Seven = board racer = ? years = super slim
Premier highwayman = 30s = slim fit

For is the PHWM best.

CombatWombat

Familiar Face

Well considering that 90% of the world's goatskin comes from Pakistan (and many "high brand" companies buy in bulk from Pakistan factories)
it shouldn't be surprising that some no name factory is flogging off production overruns of different companies products
I've got a lovely Cossack/A-1 looking jacket that looks as lovely as a certain Greek Bloke makes but at a third of the price and available in 3 weeks from order to door.....
Is it "unethical".......I don't think so since many companies "outsource" to that part of the world anyway.
All I know is that for a custom built jacket to take such a short amount of time and the feel of "old school " made goatskin is definitely worth it

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Multi part question:

a) Did Schott make a repro of the Beck Perfecto?
b) If so, what is the Schott item number? 6__?
Thanks.

I remember seeing pics of this jacket somewhere but can't find it anymore. Basically the Perfecto with the waist gussets and removable belt and fancy stitchings and a different epaulette.

Beck Perfecto 01.jpg
Beck Perfecto 04.jpg
Beck Perfecto 02.jpg
Beck Perfecto 06.jpg
Beck Perfecto 05.jpg

Attachments

• Beck Perfecto 03.jpg
    Beck Perfecto 03.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 28

LordOfLeather

One of the Regulars
I got caught in a thunderstorm on my motorcycle recently while wearing my Aero Cafe Racer in battered tan HH. After 40 minutes of torrential downpour, I arrived home completely soaked.

I immediately put shoe trees in my boots and hung the jacket to dry, fully anticipating it would take a day or two to fully dry. I was shocked to find the jacket dry in just several hours (while the boots were still soaked through).

I'm wondering now how different tanning processes affect the speed at which wet leather dries. Obviously different hides are more susceptible to liquid absorption. Horsehide is of course one of the less porous hides, making for a great riding jacket because it's more water resistant. But all leather has a saturation point. So once that saturation point has been breached, what other variables affect the drying rate? Because the battered tan HH is already packed full of waxes and oils, did that mean it wasn't able to absorb much water in the first place, making it dry out more quickly than say a non-waxed, veg-tanned leather would?

Any thoughts or experience on the subject would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff