Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

GWD

One Too Many
jdbenson said:
Looks great on you! I really like the Diamond bash! Please post some pics of the hat box...it was as pristine as the hat!

GWD - Do you wear a 7 1/4 as well? I'll keep an eye out for something for you if you want...

Yes I wear a 7 1/8 and 7 1/4 and please and thank you!!

GWD

One Too Many
CRH said:
GWD has a green one... hint, hint. :D

I didn't realize I didn't post my green one here! :eek:

Mine says "Whippet" on the front of the sweatband not the side. Yours is the first I've seen too. I think Salty is right, I think I read somewhere that "Aquashed" is a uniquely Canadian thing.

web.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:
I didn't realize I didn't post my green one here! :eek:

Mine says "Whippet" on the front of the sweatband not the side. Yours is the first I've seen too. I think Salty is right, I think I read somewhere that "Aquashed" is a uniquely Canadian thing. ...

Well, OK then...

Nice earthy tones on that one.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
This hat just finished on ebay. Don't think I've seen one marked on the sweatband before. Does anyone else have one with the Whippet mark on the sweat and not on the liner?

B

stetson_whippet_sweat_mark.jpg

Yes the one Schwammy just sold me.

Chinaski

One Too Many
web.jpg

GWD, let me just state for the record, I love those earthy tones, and if you ever decide to rid yourself of that hat, I'm in OC as well. I think we have the same hat size too! :D

GWD

One Too Many
Chinaski said:
GWD, let me just state for the record, I love those earthy tones, and if you ever decide to rid yourself of that hat, I'm in OC as well. I think we have the same hat size too! :D

Thanks, but I've traded and sold a lot of hats to obtain that earthy toned beauty! It's in my permanent collection. I'm still looking for a Grid Iron Gray and a Skyline Blue to finish off my pack-o-whippets.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Continuation...

Tags:
DSC04656.jpg

DSC04655.jpg

DSC04664.jpg

DSC04675.jpg

DSC04672.jpg

One detail that my brown whippet didn't have is this stitching on the underside of the brim. I like it!

DSC04671.jpg

Sweatband:

DSC04679.jpg

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
Well done, Aureliano. :eusa_clap

I don't understand why you sold the brown one. [huh]

Thanks CRH. Well, I never wore it because I don't really like brown shaded hats. Thought to myself: Better sell it to someone who's gonna love it and wear it and use that money to get a grey one. It makes me sad to have a hat sitting all lonely in a hat box.:( :D :p

Michaelshane

One Too Many
So here's my newest Whippet,the brown one.The felt is very thin and light like my Borsalino or Stratoliner,the ribbon is 1/4 in. narrower than the gray hat.Why are there so many different Whippets?I have never seen one with thin felt like this one.Is it common?

andycat60
[/URL][/IMG]
andycat60
[/URL][/IMG]

Chinaski

One Too Many
No idea if thin felt is a common Whippet attribute, but those are both great hats, Michaelshane. The brown one does look very soft. It looks like it will take any crease with ease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn