Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attention Hat Wearers

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Do you actually wear your hats out in public? Most of the photos I've seen here are in the back yard or in the house. I think I would like to see some photos of you in public, you know actually wearing the damn things. Crowd shots, lets have some. Hats are for wearing, not for posing. My wife calls it playing dress up, not very flattering in my opinion. Come on, lets see you actually wearing these things. Panamas, felts, whatever you prefer. Do you actually wear them!!! I'm getting ready to meet my wife for a bank party and the dress is business casual. I'm going to wear a print shirt with some Cabela's khakis and my PB Panama Planter. Maybe even a few cigars in my pocket. DAMN, wish I had a camera. Are you out there?????

Feraud

Bartender
Excuse me if I think this is an odd question but I certainly do wear my fedoras in public! My choice of hat is a brown fedora. When I go for a change it is a grey wool "newsboy" style cap. Unfortunately, I do not have a personal photographer to follow me out in pubic! ;) You all are missing some great shots of me commuting to work, sipping coffee at Starbucks, and walking in and out of my office! lol ;)

I think the reason you see pictures of folks in their homes or yards is because they are attempting to show off a particular item.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Yikes!

Tony in Tarzana said:
...I now feel naked without one when I go outside.

Apparently, Feraud actually IS naked: "Unfortunately, I do not have a personal photographer to follow me out in pubic!"

Sorry, couldn't resist...:)

Jimmy

I wear a different one everyday. I just don't carry my camera around. I don't want anyone thinking I am part of some ridiculous reality show.
Although for all you single guys this might be the ticket to meet that good looking lady over there. Ask her to take your picture. The rest I leave up to you. ;) :D

Regards,

J

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I wear a hat to the office everyday, but I would stop and ask a random personal to take a photo. When one is out and about one rarely considers photography.

Still, I looked at this as a bit of a challenge, so I looked at my photos over the previous year and found a few of me whilst in public.

Here I am at The Stata Center at MIT in a Panama:

And here at The Hearst Castle:

Here I am very public in Philadelphia, my home town:

At Lamanai in Belize:

And in Newport, R.I.

So, Prairie, how about you? Which public places have you frequented? Where are your photos?

Usually when folks lay out a challenge, they have the fortitude to lay down their own cards first... ;) :)

harryj

New in Town
Well, yes...

...just wore my new Borsalino Traveler everywhere this past weekend during my trip to Newport, RI with another couple.

Harry J

Russ

One of the Regulars
Here ya go

The rest of the story:

edojo_hanami.JPG

We were actually trying to get away from the crowds in crowded Tokyo this day, but they followed us anyway. :)

BTW one of my son's friends mentioned that he saw me the other day and asked "Doesn't your dad ever go without a hat?" I can't recall the last time I stepped outside without a hat on my head.

I do agree that photos outside in the sunshine make the hats look much better than flash or room lamps. You photograph fish in the water and hats in the sun. Just my warped opinion at this moment...

Feraud

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Apparently, Feraud actually IS naked: "Unfortunately, I do not have a personal photographer to follow me out in pubic!"

Sorry, couldn't resist...:)

Jimmy
Ugh! What a ghastly picture that could be!lol lol :eek:
Of all the times for a typing error...[huh]

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I wasn't going to say anything about that particular typo, but... at least you had your hat! :eusa_clap lol

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Except to bed....

Every day. Feels like I am not wearing pants if I don't have the fedora on.

Felt in winter or wet weather, straws in our California sunshine.

Skin cancer, begone!

Used to worry what people at work thought about my wearing a hat ("here comes Indy", or "the Daily Planet".) Now, having worn a hat EVERY day for the past 6 years. they ask "where's your hat" if I leave it in the car.

So, yes. Every day, Inside/outside.

RedPop4

One Too Many
I wear one to work nearly every day.

I wore one to the Easter Vigil Saturday night; my new already beloved grey Borsalino, with my 3-button, navy blue pinstripes on navy blue suit. Sorry, didn't get a photo of myself. It would have been at home in any case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner