Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Attention New Hat Buyers and Wearers!!!

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I rather like it when folks see the bespoke suits I had made in Thailand and, noticing the quality, fabric and fit, ask, "Is that an Armani"? (for example)

I then get to one-up their Esquire-created brand snobbery by saying , "No, it's bespoke". If I don't think they know what that means, I'll substitute "No, I have my suits handmade by my tailor."

Custom beats brand name in the race for cool no matter what the product.

James Bond wore bespoke suits and shirts, Felix Leiter wore Brooks Brothers. (I sometimes throw sort of thing in too, if they ask about custom tailoring.)

Now what I need to do is get more made with higher armholes and peaked lapels... :D

I'd be happy as a clam to someday be able to state that my entire ensemble from shoes to hat was handmade for me custom.

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I'm trying to support the new hat makers. It's just so difficult doing all this through the mail since I'm still in the searching process looking for all the right specifics for me. I have sent back half of what I've ordered. I should have send back half of what I kept. I need a local hat shop in go in try hats...lots of hats. Just like in the old days:)

A question!

Is it a question of fitting right OR a question of being the right style or shape to fit your face & build? I believe Art has some sort of device that not only measures your head it gets the true shape of it registered. Also I think that the custom guys like to get pictures of yer noggin from a variety of angles to help with the shape too.

PeeWee said:
I'm trying to support the new hat makers. It's just so difficult doing all this through the mail since I'm still in the searching process looking for all the right specifics for me. I have sent back half of what I've ordered. I should have send back half of what I kept. I need a local hat shop in go in try hats...lots of hats. Just like in the old days:)

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
A little of both. I'm very tall(6'7") and slender with narrow face. I'm quickly learning that shorter crown and narrower brim is better on me. As far as fitting, size 7 1/4 is coming in all over the place. I'm learning:) I probably will soon be buying one hat style from the same vendor. Then I know what's coming in the mail and I can live with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart