Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Audrey Hepburn

AudreyH

Familiar Face
Audrey Hepburn, anyone here love this actress? She's my favourite actress. Some of her films were

Roman Holiday (1953)
Sabrina (1954)
War And Peace (1956)
Funny Face (1957)
Green Mansions (1959)
Breakfast At Tiffanys (1961)
Charade (1963)
My Fair Lady (1964)
Paris When It Sizzles (1964)
Two For The Road (1966)
How To Steal A Million (1966)
Wait Until Dark (1967)

Those are the only ones I know the dates to. But the rest would be

Bloodline
They All Laughed
Robin And Marion
Always (Her last role)
Love In The Afternoon
Monte Carlos Baby
We Go To Monte Carlo (French version of the one above which she starred in again)
Secret People (Bit part)
Love Among Theives
Mayerling
A Young Wives Tale (Bit part)
The Lavender Hill Mob (Bit part)
One Wild Oat (Bit Part)

I can't remember the last one very well, but it was something like netherlands in 7 or something. It was I think her first bit part as an actress.

Anyone seen her films? Any favourites of hers? :)

Hondo

One Too Many
Oh defiantly an Audrey Hepburn fan, and I’m sure there are many here, is that avatar you? Quite a striking resemblance ;)
A few of my favorites are Roman Holiday,Sabrina and My Fair Lady.
"Always" hits my heart, cause its her last role, a few weeks ago, I watched a Gregory Peck interview, describing working with Audrey, two of just many stars no longer with us, and they sure don't make them like these any more.
Thanks for remembering her, bring her back with us.

AudreyH

Familiar Face
Hondo said:
Oh defiantly an Audrey Hepburn fan, and I’m sure there are many here, is that avatar you? Quite a striking resemblance ;)
A few of my favorites are Roman Holiday,Sabrina and My Fair Lady.
"Always" hits my heart, cause its her last role, a few weeks ago, I watched a Gregory Peck interview, describing working with Audrey, two of just many stars no longer with us, and they sure don't make them like these any more.
Thanks for remembering her, bring her back with us.
Yes that avatar is me and thank you. :) My favourites of hers would have to be Roman Holiday, Sabrina, and Funny Face. My Fair Lady introduced me to Audrey though. :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My Favorites

Roman Holiday
Sabrina
Breakfast At Tiffanys
Charade*
Two For The Road
How To Steal A Million

*Cary Grant was signed to star with Audrey on both Roman Holiday and Sabrina but backed out at the last minute both times because of his concerns about their age difference. He finally agreed to doing Charade, but not before the script was rewritten to make Audrey the pursuer in their relationship.

GWD

One Too Many
Audrey is one of my favorites too. In fact I try to expose my two daughters to her work as often as I can. She was the epitome of style and grace and her greatest work of all was done off screen as a mother and UNICEF ambassador.

AudreyH

Familiar Face
Tomasso said:
Roman Holiday
Sabrina
Breakfast At Tiffanys
Charade*
Two For The Road
How To Steal A Million

*Cary Grant was signed to star with Audrey on both Roman Holiday and Sabrina but backed out at the last minute both times because of his concerns about their age difference. He finally agreed to doing Charade, but not before the script was rewritten to make Audrey the pursuer in their relationship.
He also didn't want to take the part in 'Roman Holiday', because he felt Audrey would be the main character and it would revolve around her more. I love how here I can talk about old actresses at school they just give me funny looks. lol

olive bleu

One Too Many
well..you're in good company here. A lot of us can relate to that feeling.It is always especially wonderful to see young people around here and interested in preserving the golden era.Welcome to the lounge.:)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Sabrina, Funny Face and Charade are my favorites, thought I thought she did an excellent job with Wait Until Dark too.

Right now I'm reading a book on her called: What Would Audrey Do? It's got lots of history about her, but it's more of an advice book. The book's a little camp, but very interesting. :D

Weston

A-List Customer
My three month old daughter, our first, is named Audrey. While I thought naming your children after actresses is silly, naming them after the most beautiful woman to ever live, is fine. ;)

DerMann

Practically Family
I've always heard the name Audrey Hepburn, but never saw any of her movies.

One night, as I was going through several "classic" films (mostly Astaire, Grant, and Gable) I came across Funny Face.

Hepburn was marvelous in her role, and her looks were breath taking. Of course, her relationship with Astaire in the movie was sort of odd, there's quite an age gap :\

AudreyH

Familiar Face
DerMann said:
I've always heard the name Audrey Hepburn, but never saw any of her movies.

One night, as I was going through several "classic" films (mostly Astaire, Grant, and Gable) I came across Funny Face.

Hepburn was marvelous in her role, and her looks were breath taking. Of course, her relationship with Astaire in the movie was sort of odd, there's quite an age gap :\
I agree. That's one of my favourite films of hers, but if you want to see some of her films were there's not quite that much of an age gap I reccomend Roman Holiday, Breakfast At Tiffanys, How To Steal A Million, and there's a couple more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy