Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVG repro leather Blood Chit advice...

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend where to source a repro AVG leather Blood Chit for a reasonable price?
I am aware of a few, US Wings, Flightjacket, etc...
I am toying with the idea of slapping one onto a jacket.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Why not have a go at painting one yourself? A decent piece of leather, a few pots of model enamel, it will probably look more authentic than some of the 'printed' painted blood chits I have seen. For the Chinese script, why not chat up someone who can write it using a paintbrush etc. But! before you commit the text to the leather, take it to another conversent in the language. You dont want to be walking around advertising crispy duck and special spring rolls for Mr Chong's takaway do you:p

Otter

One Too Many
Check out the WWII section on the main forum, there are a couple of folks who post in that section who do very good work. Other than that, Aero in Scotland do some very nice layered leather blood chits, they just don't advertise them much. I have had the early Chinese and later Burmese and been very happy them.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Would love to do it myself, right up mu alley. Unfort, where I am means ordering leather, paint and brushes etc... May as well just buy one (if I can find a good one)... Anyway, just an idea at this point. May even do some back art ;)

thor

Call Me a Cab
Try the 'bay and type leather blood chit; A2jacketpatches is the guy to go to. Sean does incredible work! He's done several custom items for me, including a double flag (Chinese/American) with anchor Navy blood chit. This guy is great and can make anything in leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany