Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVI Leather seal A-2 Jacket Review (pic heavy)

nkang

One of the Regulars
I had the honor to take over the AVI LTHR A-2 jacket from @Brettafett in May. The jacket is very nice and comfortable, and I've been wearing it whenever possible. Here are a few photos (unfortunately with poor lighting).

Attachments

• IMG_3243.JPG
    IMG_3243.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 552
  • IMG_3220.JPG
    IMG_3220.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 537
  • IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 525

Brettafett

One Too Many
I had the honor to take over the AVI LTHR A-2 jacket from @Brettafett in May. The jacket is very nice and comfortable, and I've been wearing it whenever possible. Here are a few photos (unfortunately with poor lighting).
Wow, it looks GREAT! Thats a fantastic fit... No wonder you are smiling ;) It is a very nice jacket...

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Again and again I trying to get a measurement of jacket in size 38 from AVI.
The first attempt in summer ended in nothing.
I correspond with them for a month now)))
Until I found out nothing)))
First time size 38 jackets was out of stock.
Now 38 size is in stock, but AVI is not in a hurry with the answer.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Again and again I trying to get a measurement of jacket in size 38 from AVI.
The first attempt in summer ended in nothing.
I correspond with them for a month now)))
Until I found out nothing)))
First time size 38 jackets was out of stock.
Now 38 size is in stock, but AVI is not in a hurry with the answer.
IMHO, this A-2 is never made in EU...
for me ....I can only invest once...so I save it for the good ones with good services and names.

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Unless Denmark is bordering Pakistan , India or China...:)
The problem is not where exactly it is made)))
Denmark never made authentic A2 in WW2, and in this case, no matter in what country the replica is made (if it's not the US))), if it's quality and good.
It's embarrassing that they are showing a slow and strange service and I have less and less desire to buy from them.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi fellow loungers. I just received some pics of AVI LTHR's 'new' & 'updated' BRONCO A-2 jacket. These are pics of the actual production jacket, so this is what one should receive... At a glance, the classic Bronco details appear to be there.
If this is what it seems, at this price... then I recon AVI LTHR may have changed the game somewhat.
A mid priced, quality A-2 jacket, that is patterned and copied from an original maker WW2 A-2 jacket. Gosh.
The 'big' boys are going to have to sit up and take note...
AVI LTHR Bronco 1.JPG
This is their WW2 Bronco they sourced and cloned, and I must say... I am excited.
IMG_1272.JPG
Apparently they will be available in the next week or two... I have one on the way, will review...
AVI LTHR Bronco 4.JPG AVI LTHR Bronco 5.JPG
They nailed that scalloped pocket! Knits look good too. Repro Carr snaps... Even the label looks good!
AVI LTHR Bronco 6.JPG AVI LTHR Bronco 7.JPG

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Hi fellow loungers. I just received some pics of AVI LTHR's 'new' & 'updated' BRONCO A-2 jacket. These are pics of the actual production jacket, so this is what one should receive... At a glance, the classic Bronco details appear to be there.
If this is what it seems, at this price... then I recon AVI LTHR may have changed the game somewhat.
A mid priced, quality A-2 jacket, that is patterned and copied from an original maker WW2 A-2 jacket. Gosh.
The 'big' boys are going to have to sit up and take note...
View attachment 92275
This is their WW2 Bronco they sourced and cloned, and I must say... I am excited.
View attachment 92274
Apparently they will be available in the next week or two... I have one on the way, will review...
View attachment 92276 View attachment 92277
They nailed that scalloped pocket! Knits look good too. Repro Carr snaps... Even the label looks good!
View attachment 92278 View attachment 92279
Not bad, just needs to improve a bit on the knitwear and neck hook and it becomes a nice repro.
Still, would be interesting to know where its made and what kind of leather they use. Looks like goat or stear...But all in all not bad.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It's goat (sure looks like it) and the website mentions goat for their other A2's. Some really great goat comes from Pakistan so... It doesn't really matter where in Asia it comes from does it?

I would be interested to learn what the shoulder and pit to pit are of a 40. If it has a shoulder of 19 inches and a pit to pit of 22-23 inches it will be much more accurate than most of the USA made copies.

From my discussion with the owner earlier this year I know they don't do long sizes so I'm out. Back length of 25 inches in a 40.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Only it seems to me that the "cutted" sections of the lower corners on the AVI pockets look larger than on the photos of real Bronco? Or maybe it is the photo effect?

Brettafett

One Too Many
Goat. I have a 40 on the way... Apparently just over 18" shoulders... 21" pit to pit... 25.5" length... Once in hand, will measure up.

"Well it should be fairly straightforward to make a trim fit reasonably accurate A2 for not much money. Surprising how few companies do it."
I have also wondered about this... And now here it is... Consider, this is going to be less than half the cost of an Eastman or even an Aero for that matter...

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
It's goat (sure looks like it) and the website mentions goat for their other A2's. Some really great goat comes from Pakistan so... It doesn't really matter where in Asia it comes from does it?

I would be interested to learn what the shoulder and pit to pit are of a 40. If it has a shoulder of 19 inches and a pit to pit of 22-23 inches it will be much more accurate than most of the USA made copies.

From my discussion with the owner earlier this year I know they don't do long sizes so I'm out. Back length of 25 inches in a 40.
Agree for the goat.
I still believe that made in Asia ( BR and The Real McCoy´s are two exceptions) is not as well done as if made by the prime makers. But again, for this kind of budget...no complain and fair enough.
Well done.

NABodie

New in Town
Am I seeing things or are the sleeves shown on the russet jacket three piece? I don't see a seam on the seal jacket so is it just the russet?

a2-flying-leather-jacket-2-v2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ