Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVI Leather seal A-2 Jacket Review (pic heavy)

Brettafett

One Too Many
Guys, I have these AVI LTHR Bronco jackets in hand. Wow.
I received a 40 and a 42, and the 42 fits me beautifully. I will review and post pics soon as I can. But I will tell you that it IS the jacket that was promised. First impressions are very good.
Profile, epaulets, collar, pockets, label, even the knitwear... No need to replace cuffs with this one.
The leather is supple with some decent character, and as opposed to a stiff horsehide A-2, this jacket is very comfortable and wearable right out of the box.
Fit-wise, I usually wear a size 40 ELC, GW, AERO etc.... But a 42 (and sometimes a 44) original WW2 A-2.
The AVI Bronco 42 fits me better than the 40... Just like I expect an original would. Interesting. So, the initial recommendation is to upsize.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Same as the G-1... But may go up... I would email them and ask if theres any pre-launch special...

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi Seb, no... will look later, maybe theres a 'made in' tag... Yes, here we have a very well priced, good looking A-2, patterned on an actual WW2 jacket.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Well, I think it might be best for this jacket to be describes as being 'closely patterned on' an actual jacket without the crazy exact repro claim. And I think this is more than good enough.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Never claimed an exact repro... but I have been excited that theres someone finally making a mid priced affordable A-2, using an original WW2 jacket to make the patterns from. I doubt anyone took the original apart, like John Chapman's done, but anyway... this jacket looks so much better than many of the mid-priced competition out there.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Never claimed an exact repro... but I have been excited that theres someone finally making a mid priced affordable A-2, using an original WW2 jacket to make the patterns from. I doubt anyone took the original apart, like John Chapman's done, but anyway... this jacket looks so much better than many of the mid-priced competition out there.
Please kindly share pics of details, fit plus details like knits, neck hook, zipper, grain, liner...etc.
Thx in advance.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi all, two very poor quick-pics (bedroom light, camera phone) just to give you an idea... I know what its like waiting for pics, but I will only be able to take decent shots later this week and intend to post a detailed review by weekend...ish.
Approx measurements (for ref I am 5'10+, 158 pounds, 72kgs+-, trim athletic build):
Size 40
Back 25.5", Shoulders 17.5", Sleeve incl knit 26", pit to pit 21.5", zipper 22.5"
P1240641 40.JPG
Size 42
Back 26.5", Shoulders 18.25", Sleeve incl knit 26.5", pit to pit 22", zipper 22.75"
P1240643 42.jpg
Usually wear a 40 in a high end repro, but in this case the 42 fits me better.
First impressions are... good, for the cash... wow.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Looks pretty good. Nice work. Sounds like I might need a 44. Very trim and appropriate. I have to wear a 38 in a Cockpit and even then the shoulders are 21 inches wide.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Hi all, two very poor quick-pics (bedroom light, camera phone) just to give you an idea... I know what its like waiting for pics, but I will only be able to take decent shots later this week and intend to post a detailed review by weekend...ish.
Approx measurements (for ref I am 5'10+, 158 pounds, 72kgs+-, trim athletic build):
Size 40
Back 25.5", Shoulders 17.5", Sleeve incl knit 26", pit to pit 21.5", zipper 22.5"
View attachment 93409
Size 42
Back 26.5", Shoulders 18.25", Sleeve incl knit 26.5", pit to pit 22", zipper 22.75"
View attachment 93410
Usually wear a 40 in a high end repro, but in this case the 42 fits me better.
First impressions are... good, for the cash... wow.
Please share pics of zip, hook and fasteners, thx

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Please share pics of zip, hook and fasteners, thx

Got mine today. Good jacket, very similar to WW2 trim fit. I really liked the cut and the collar. Soft leather. Sorry have no time to make good photos, I live in my plane this week)))
Cooper A-2, the zipper is not exact copy of the original. Only on the pull is written "Talon" and on the lock inside also written "Talon" (no "made in USA").
I'll try to take some photos later, I should have a few days off soon.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Got mine today. Good jacket, very similar to WW2 trim fit. I really liked the cut and the collar. Soft leather. Sorry have no time to make good photos, I live in my plane this week)))
Cooper A-2, the zipper is not exact copy of the original. Only on the pull is written "Talon" and on the lock inside also written "Talon" (no "made in USA").
I'll try to take some photos later, I should have a few days off soon.
Thx...sounds great. Enjoy the jacket.

nkang

One of the Regulars
I got the size 42 as well now. Love it. Absolutely love it. Light and soft and very nice repro.

The size 42 is definitely tight. I'm normally wearing a Cockpit USA 42 and am a bit out of shape, so this new A2 Bronco reprois quite tight on me on the waist but very comfortable on the arms. Now I need to work the fat off to enjoy the jacket haha. So for those interested, definitely size up :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner