Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AVI LTHR BRONCO A-2 Jacket Review & Pics

Desperandum

New in Town
What's the difference please?
Functionally, not a lot. However, on most A2 jackets (both originals and good repros), the popper/snaps are exactly the other way around, with the female part on the underside of the collar and the male on the jacket front. Also, the correct A2 snaps don't have the twin spring bars in them. Some were the simple male/female United Carr ball stud type, and others a ring type.
If they were the other ("correct") way around on this jacket, it would look a lot better.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
The commitment to fair treatment of the workforce is welcome. It would, of course, be interesting to see what the unit cost of these is, when comparing the business model with jackets made in the US / Europe / Japan.
Would be great to see evidences, photos pe. of the workers, machinists, factory etc,...just evidences of the “ commitment “.

Flightengineer

Practically Family
The day before yesterday I visited this old lady, love this plane, as well as Dakota. Unfortunately she has not flown for 5 years, although she can.

But this little bird is flying fine, despite the rainy and windy weather.

550156bbab19.jpg

8c1c9d95cd39.jpg

AVI Bronco was very comfy in this wet weather.

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Thats where it should be!

Brett, this place is much closer to you than to me :)
A beautiful place, an excellent museum (in my personal opinion - the second in the world after the USAF museum in Dayton OH). They have two Dakota and one DC-2, and another hundred planes.
In addition, you can fly 172 there ...

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Aaaah.... I'll put it on the list!

I highly recommend ... Excellent collection in excellent condition. Fine people work there, there are a lot of old aviators in the museum staff who remember the good old days.
Near museum, on Lelystad airport the guys from the Special Air Service are based, with whom you can fly their Cessna, if you have saved your PPL, then they can give you to take control. Nice place.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Would be nice to sit in that Dakota's cockpit, and just have a moment.
I'm going to Aeroexpo this weekend, that will tide me over till Duxford.

Flightengineer

Practically Family
I meant though, that the A-2 belongs in the cockpit ;)

Yes, sorry Brett... now I understand what you mean. I slept little and write from the phone at the hotel so I did not understand at once)))
Yes, of course, this jacket must live the cockpit.

Unfortunately I fly in a shirt )))

Flightengineer

Practically Family
By the way, this Dakota was named after the Russian pilot Ivan Smirnov, ace of the First World War, who later worked as a DC-3 pilot in KLM.
A man of incredible fate, he is little known in Russia now but he is a hero in Holland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko