Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviation art

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
Ethan.. My apologies, I'm gonna hang onto the Ian Kennedy art, as his stuff is incredibly hard to find. It's a very small piece, 26 X 20 cm.
[/QUOTE]

That's OK Ruf, I didn't think you would want to part with it, I know I wouldn't!:)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Maybe not the usual "aviation art" but I like it!

2036803446_d75b655bd3_o.jpg

And what a great book - and a great movie!

DutchIndo said:
The Navy version of the B-24 was the PBY Coronado my friends father flew in one as a bombadier. His dad remembers landing on Tarawa after the battle he secured some neat souvenirs. His dad and crew were chased off by some Marine Officer who said the Island wasn't secured. His dad also remembers the horrific smell.
Overdue correction...

Straight-across Navy B-24=PB4Y-1 Liberator. (Slightly modified, spherical nose/tail turrets.)
vp61pb4y_1_01_20oct2008.jpg

Evolved into the PB4Y-2 Privateer, with redesigned single-tail rear fuselage and stretched forward section, and helped pave the way for the bigger B-32 Dominator.
private2.jpg

Coronado=PB2Y, twin-tailed four-engine flying-boat. Almost a "B-24 seaplane" but not quite... and nowhere near as graceful!
vp13pb2y.jpg

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - The Battle Of Endor II
via FoxyTunes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails