Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Aviator" shirts

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those Bob Hope shirts rock! I've got a couple of similar-styled shirts I had Indy Magnoli make a few years ago; check out his 'aviator shirt', a repro of a 1930s shirt.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Id say the gray one would look cool with some navy hollywood trousers and a narrow white belt.

Its do-able. Barely. The Bob Hope thing makes it less cool though.

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
That's basically the shirt (minus the buttons) that the Rebel Troopers war in Star Wars and similar to what Han Solo wore in Empire:

Screen%20used%20shirt.jpg

hesbst1.jpg

Yeah, I think our Aviator Shirt is even crazier:

extra-image-348.jpg

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Gene

Practically Family
Slanted Zipper-Front "Hollywood" Shirt?

Won an auction on eBay recently for this very interesting shirt. It went for $19.99 because of the rust stains, of which I was able to get about 80% off with the vinegar-salt method.

Now that I've got it looking good, how does one wear this thing? It's got a slanted metal Conmar zipper painted the shirt color that zips all the way to the neck, long lapels and a single western-smiley pocket. Should I wear it with a pair of high waisted slacks or jacket?

If anyone's got any information on this style of shirt or photos of someone wearing one, please share!

eBay photo (with stains I managed to fade out):

sss.jpg

Labels:

SANY4710.jpg

SANY4713.jpg

Qirrel

Practically Family
Didn't see this thread before. Interesting. The shirts look very much like early examples of shirts with buttons all the way down the front ("coat" shirt, as opposed to the ones you pull over your head). They were made so that the fronts overlapped and buttoned way to the sides, kind of like a double breasted jacket, but with the buttons further apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24