Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-3 jacket hangers

archbury918

One of the Regulars
I'll pose this to the group out of a general curiousity.

I've owned a number of B-3's both original and repro. Some use the chain type hanger while others use an A-2 like box stitch leather strip.
I can't seem to find a pattern from either contracts or jacket makers.
I haven't owned an Aero Scotland w/o the chain hanger so am guessing its a preference over accuracy?

Anyone else ever ponder this?

Edward

Bartender
Could be differing contracts? My Lost Worlds has the chain, but quite honestly it's such a hefty jacket I wouldn't trust it.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Yes, the jackets are heavy. I seldom use them. Never on an original......

It's more a curious observation. I of course would hope the repop makers stick with accuracy over convenience of manufacture.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have a years old Eastman Roughwear. When these first came out they were supposed to be 100% original copies, mine has a chain as did the original version in his catalogue. And even though it is a 'fairly new' jacket compared to an original I still would not trust it to hang the jacket up due to so much weight in such a small area(the box stitching).

J

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The situation is similar with Irvin jackets where some had leather hangers and a higher proportion chain hangers depending on the availability of hanger chains. All the hardware for B-3s, including the chain for hangers was supplied by the Material Division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner