Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-Beautiful in a B-10..! (The ultimate American Beauty cloth flight wear)

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Heres a few crappy pics of my new ELC B-10.

IAC035-1.jpg

IAC043-1.jpg

IAC032-1.jpg

361stACE

New in Town
B10 in action

This is my ELC B10..Taken at 94thBG museum Rougham England..Standing
outside my M1934 tent....Excellent jacket..I fully appreciated the alpaca lining
that day as it was on the chilly side for a day in May..

WW2XL

New in Town
B-10 ELC RW

I tried on a BR B-10 in my size, 46. I am 5'11" and normally wear a US size 46. The BR is quite nicely made but was slightly short in the torso and more like a 44 than a true 46.I since purchased an ELC RW but in size 48. The ELC in 48 fits perfectly. The fabric shell on the ELC is "softer" and not as heavy as the BR. I prefer the larger BR collar but the BR does not come in a size 48 which would equate to a US 46. I have a 46 chest and 38 waist so belly is not a factor. Therefore, from an accuracy point, possibly the ELC RW could have a "stiffer" shell fabric. Fit wise, the ELC RW is perfect as compared to what should fit or is offered in my size by BR. Both ELC and BR are for purists and you get what you pay for. They have the look feel and drape of the originals.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Just some shots of my new RMJ Stagg B-10. I had to go through five other B-10s from various makers before I got to this one but I finally found the perfect one :) It's a shame that they're no longer made as they really are amazing jackets.

b-10014-2-1.jpg

b-10002-2-1.jpg

b-10003-1-1.jpg

Sgt.MikeHorvath

Familiar Face
hi there Hawk_Eye,
your new b-10 is terrific,it's a very good reproduction;)
excuse me but i don't know the brand...what is it?can you tell me please?
i've tried to search it with google but i didn't find anything
thank you

bye:)

Sgt.MikeHorvath

Familiar Face
Hello Fletch:)
thank you for your answer,
i didn't understand the symbol ''RMJ'' was for Real MCCOY'S..of course i know the nipponic brand.

PS:are you italian??

Bye

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars

1stsargent

New in Town
Fletch said:
Ciao Sergente -

RMJ is Real McCoy's Japan. (There's also Real McCoy's New Zealand, or RMNZ, an independent company.)

RMJ clothing is very rare in the west and usually undersized when it does appear.

Rare but it is easier to obtain now that Rakutan lets none japanese to order from there network. My buddy picked up RMJ current b-10(the one with the big off colored pockets) and I bought there tanker jacket from rakutan's web affiliates.

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Sizing of the different manufacturers

Gentlemen,

New in the forum i have the projet to buy on these babies.

But how these different b10 jackets are sizing ?

The different makers have their own size chart which could differ...

My regular size is 40.

Does anyone can light me about it ?

- AEROLEATHER B10
- EASTMAN LEATHER "B10 ROUGHWEAR"
- REAL MC COYS JAPAN "B10 STAGG "
- BUZZ RICKSONS

Many thanks,

FAFOO68

Edward

Bartender
Can't help on the sizing, but I think I cam rule out Aero for you: to the best of my knowledge they no longer do their B10.

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Hello Edward,
It is sure, AERO doesn't make any longer the B10 but it is possible to have one in order (4 or 5 months of delay according to some " fedora's fellows").
I'am watching Ebay time by time to see if there's one...

archbury918

One of the Regulars
That's a surprise to me that Aero ceased production on their B-10. I just got one from them last fall.
It must've been one of the last. It's a 42 and fit is perfect. The alpaca they use is dead on and very warm and comfortable.
M

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Sorry, I had to be more precise, AERO don't sell the B10 on their website but it is possible to order one (with a delay).
About the fitting of your B10, is it true to size or you have some place to wear it with a sweater ?
F

archbury918

One of the Regulars
The fit for me is nice and trim. I wouldn't wear anything more than a "dressy-type" sweater with it. Mostly because the jacket is so warm from it's lining.
Anything heavier, and I wouldn't need to zip it up. I wear it with chamois shirt in temps in the 15-35F range and am quite toasty.
M
for reference, I'm 5'11" 190lbs

Edward

Bartender
That's a surprise to me that Aero ceased production on their B-10. I just got one from them last fall.
It must've been one of the last. It's a 42 and fit is perfect. The alpaca they use is dead on and very warm and comfortable.
M

Was that one of the run they did in the darker green, and black too? I wish I'd spotted those in time - they were at a great price and looked superb.

Sorry, I had to be more precise, AERO don't sell the B10 on their website but it is possible to order one (with a delay).
About the fitting of your B10, is it true to size or you have some place to wear it with a sweater ?
F

Ah, cool - I must have picked it up wrong - I'd heard they'd gotten out of the cloth jackets altogether.

archbury918

One of the Regulars
Edward, yes, it is one of the darker ones. It has a nice deep rich look to it. I opted for the medium brown collar. The black just didn't look right to me.
I paid $150USD and one of the best purchases I ever made.
Yes, it's a size 42

FAFOO68

Familiar Face
Thanks gentlemen, we have an idea how's AERO B10 sizing.

An about RealMcCoy's "STAGG 10" any opinion ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace