Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-Beautiful in a B-10..! (The ultimate American Beauty cloth flight wear)

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This original Stagg B-10 flying jacket (comes after the A-2 in issue), is 'as close' as you're going to get to a perfect condition cloth flying jacket from WWII.
It truely hasn't seen much wear, the lining is immaculate, as is the cloth shell outer. The knits have been hit 'slightly' by a squadron of moths, but in 60+ years, that's pretty darn good going!!
I'm on a fitness campaign here to knock myself back down to my fighting weight, so I'll be truely ready for this baby in the winter!

For the jacket nuts out there. The interesting thing about this jacket, is the lack of epaulettes, as seen in later models of the B-10. Nice little Conmar zip too, and the rayon linings in the pockets and inside underarms, is as minty as the day it was made!!

Mouton is a deep rusty red. I just know lots of you out there are just DYING to stroke it and run your hands through this classically vintage mouton collar!!! GET BACK I say!!:)

Interesting note: Makes me realise HOW GOOD a REPRO Buzz Rickson is currently making with the B-10. They basically have the fabric and the knits nailed!!

Stagg shown below:
DubowRMNZ003.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I'll try and get some BR B-10 pics too.

Just to compare a repro Buzz Rickson to an original Stagg (might be of interest ;) ).

So I guess I'm having a Stagg night tonight!!:eusa_clap

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Very unusal to get one in such great shape...

greyhound68 said:
Paddy,
Nice B-10. Very hard to find an original in great condition. Great pose.

Concur on that!! Often the guts are hanging out of them or the mouton is shot to pieces and the knits are in tatters [huh] This little number is 'highly unusual' and therefore hightly prized!!

Plus, it has a lovely 40's look to it with civvie gear (even though it's a military issue jacket).

As you can imagine, when my Schnauzers saw it as having potential bed making capabilities, well...I moved in VERY QUICKLY!!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You just cannot get these anymore...

Or they are very hard to find in original wearable condition in a size that the modern person can wear.

They also made a female equivalent for the nurses in the AAF which look really cool on the ladies!!

If you really want one, thinking of a repro? go for the likes of Buzz Rickson or the new Eastmans (Paddy's Tip on Ascot Day!!)

Rufus

Practically Family
fantastic B10 Paddy!
I'm very jealous! ..I only have a repro ( a McCoys) but it's very wearable, and I don't have to fret about destroying it.

:) rufus

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Andrew...post some pics of your Stagg please!

Once things are calmer at work Andrew, a few pics of a well modelled Stagg would be great!! Plus you got it in an enviable size too!! well done :eusa_clap

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some pics of my size 42 Stagg B10. I have been on the look out for one for ages and bought one a couple of weeks ago £280, the same as I spent on my size 44 RM Stagg B10. It does need some sewing on the knits, but appears to be in good shape. Here are some pics from the auction. I will restore the jacket and post some of it being worn!
b10.jpg

b10label.jpg

b10zipper.jpg

b10collarback.jpg

b10cuffs1.jpg

b10cuffs2.jpg

b10waistcuffcu.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Stagg photo

Having major probs with my photo service and a load have been wiped [huh] so bear with me please. Right, here's a re-release of one of the original shots of the B-10 Stagg (WWII original). Can you tell this was taken in the summer!!

DubowRMNZ003.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Great looking jacket. A B-10 is on my wants list.... Not sure what I'll end up with. Probably ither eastman or Aero, though there's £100 of a diffrence between those, and I'm confused as for why exactly!

Mike K.

One Too Many
What about the B-10 flight jacket?

Okay all you fellow flight jacket nuts. We all have our love-hate relationships with various A-2 jackets, and perhaps even some Irvins and B-3s, but what about the venerable B-10 cloth flying jacket? I've searched through threads here and over on the VLJ forum, but not much is said about the B-10. These jackets frequently pop up on eBay and there's a few repros out there too. Since our good friend John hasn't yet started making cloth flying jackets, we are left with reproductions that probably aren't totally accurate. Would anyone care to post reviews of your Buzz Rickson, Eastman, or Aero B-10 jacket and all of its pros and cons?

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a RM B-10 repro of a Stagg and original Stagg. I have already posted pics of the original on this forum and will take some pics of the repro for comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner