Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3 jacket correct length

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
to judge about proportion of a jacket, ideally you need to show a full figure picture. even if a jacket passing your belt line but if your legs are longer than what people imagine from that mid thigh up picture then sure you see the jacket look shortish in proportion to your figure.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
In all honesty, it looks fine to me. About where my shearling jackets hit and I used to be 6'2".... I'm unfortunately shrinking now.... dagnabit!

Worf

Roma

A-List Customer
to judge about proportion of a jacket, ideally you need to show a full figure picture. even if a jacket passing your belt line but if your legs are longer than what people imagine from that mid thigh up picture then sure you see the jacket look shortish in proportion to your figure.
That's a good point. The only pictures with the bigger body I have now is that ones. I'll take some new photos later. uploadfromtaptalk1443018673182.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443018683289.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1443018690488.jpg

Roma

A-List Customer
In all honesty, it looks fine to me. About where my shearling jackets hit and I used to be 6'2".... I'm unfortunately shrinking now.... dagnabit!

Worf
Oh, thank you. And take care!

Отправлено с моего SM-G928F через Tapatalk

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Agreed, all 3 jackets you have asked about length look the perfect length to me.
Just wear them and stop worrying about it!

Russia is probably the best place on earth to wear a B3! I can imagine winters get rough over there...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Agreed, all 3 jackets you have asked about length look the perfect length to me.

Russia is probably the best place on earth to wear a B3! I can imagine winters get rough over there...

If I lived in Moscow I would want a back length of at least 60" :D

Roma

A-List Customer

Thanks Carlos. Yeah, Russia is a good place for such stuff, but due to the Global warming it's getting warmer and warmer here

Отправлено с моего SM-T815 через Tapatalk

Roma

A-List Customer
By the way, how should I measure? Is the fur at the bottom included in the length? The stiff leather finishes at exactly 26" point. Although, icluding the fur it's around 27".

Отправлено с моего SM-T815 через Tapatalk

Roma

A-List Customer
I have had a couple of these jackets and both sat about where yours is. As has been said, it's a short style, not a car coat and was meant to be worn sitting while twisting around in a cockpit. Any longer and you would get rolls and bunches at the front when sitting while trapping the back with your posterior.
By the way, how should I measure? Is the fur at the bottom included in the length? The stiff leather finishes at exactly 26" point. Although, icluding the fur it's around 27". There's a picture of how I'm measuring at the end of the thread.

Roma

A-List Customer
Have uploaded a couple of more pics...

Отправлено с моего SM-G928F через Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails