Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B3 jacket

Harleyflhx

New in Town
Hello forum, I just acquired a two toned B3 in an incredible size 50. It has a no name maker tag with an A.C. Order no. 43-13609 AF DWG. No 33H5595. The tag is black with white lettering, it is marked property airforce us army, which is written at an angle. It appears to be an H. Bernstein label from what I have read and seen. I am no expert.... I will try to post pictures. The jacket is in overall excellent condition, unknown history, it was acquired from an estate sale in Washington state.. Any feedback is welcomed..

Harleyflhx

New in Town
Hello forum, I just acquired a two toned B3 in an incredible size 50. It has a no name maker tag with an A.C. Order no. 43-13609 AF DWG. No 33H5595. The tag is black with white lettering, it is marked property airforce us army, which is written at an angle. It appears to be an H. Bernstein label from what I have read and seen. I am no expert.... I will try to post pictures. The jacket is in overall excellent condition, unknown history, it was acquired from an estate sale in Washington state.. Any feedback is welcomed..
It also has a fully functioning Talon zip.. It appears to be consitent with that used furing the early 40's...

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You rarely see such large original-3s. Yours would date to the 1943 fiscal year. H. Bernstein was quite a prolific maker, having several contracts for B-3s in 1942-3. It would be nice to see some photos.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Please do yourself, the jacket, and history a huge favor and do not wear it. Late-production sheepskin is largely the absolute worst in quality and this jacket will only decline in value the more it's worn until the day comes, and it will come, when it tears on a seam or even in the middle of a panel, and then you'll feel sick and another tangible link to the valiant AAF airmen of WWII is desecrated. Get a nice repro for wearing.

Harleyflhx

New in Town
Hello all, I have 15 pictures on photobucket and no clue how to post them to here! Lol.... I dont plan on wearing this, I look at it as a piece of history... It does have a seperation at a seam which appears to be a factory sew as if piecing two sections of sheepskin together. I will get that fixed, and then hang it on a mannequin. If anyone has any clue as to how to post pic's, please share! I do know that this is the 1st time I have ever seen a 50 R. I have seen 46/48's, but never this.

HPA Rep

Vendor
Hello all, I have 15 pictures on photobucket and no clue how to post them to here! Lol.... I dont plan on wearing this, I look at it as a piece of history... It does have a seperation at a seam which appears to be a factory sew as if piecing two sections of sheepskin together. I will get that fixed, and then hang it on a mannequin. If anyone has any clue as to how to post pic's, please share! I do know that this is the 1st time I have ever seen a 50 R. I have seen 46/48's, but never this.

Yes, factory splicing of sheepskin was done all the time in an effort to waste nothing. The War Production Board had volumes of directives covering a multitude items and how efficient conservation of scarce commodities and materials should be salvaged, all of which was passed on to both the factories and the services.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family

The simplest thing is to just click on Upload a File under the reply box. It will allow you to browse for the images on your computer.

Edward

Bartender
When you look at the picture in photobucket, it gives you a bnuch of URLs. You want to take the one labelled 'direct URL', from memory, and type: [img ] (without the space between the g and the ] ) on the left of it.

On the right (no spaces at all between URL and these add-ons), you should type [/img ] (note: to get this to how up here, I've put a space between the g and the square bracket - don't do that) and it should show up here when you post.

Harleyflhx

New in Town
Lol.... Having issues with this, on photobucket, user name is black670. See if u can look at the pictures....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany