Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baby Blue Burton Belt Back Suit

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I know that Barmey bid on it. The vendor accepted an offer and closed the auction. It's a pity because I wanted to see how high it would go.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Do you think it would have gone that high?
A Brit beltback suit is certainly rare as hen's teeth, but it is a tiny size and has several damages and repairs.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Fastuni, probably more like £500, but you never know what can happen on ebay when bidders get carried away.

TT, i would have thought it was too small for Barmey. the measurements read as 34-35 chest maximum.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
That's what I thought at first and queried it, but he thought it would fit. Maybe he thought he could make some alterations?

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aw they ended it? I wish barmey could have that suit so we could see some more of it in the future. And of course he could learn from and copy it and make it his house style. :p

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Freddie, you have a rare collection of British belt back suits. they really deserve to be documented in a book, such as the Vintage Showroom's book which came out a year or two ago.
that book was a bit light on suits for my liking.

1940sFreddie

Familiar Face
Hi hbk i have bought another British dark blue back belted one also since i posted on here a year ago, i think the idea of documenting them in a book would be great. They really should be seen.

1940sFreddie

Familiar Face
Well picked up the suit while I was in London at the weekend. I highly recommend the British invisible mending service to everyone. I'm really pleased.
I had five holes repaired the biggest being a patch in the trousers at approx 10x15mm near the fly of the trousers. I thought you would all like to see the results.

a91470d18eaca6407f3e6a16fb40698f_zpsfb2yy4hg.jpg

c9bc3bae8999f4251fc5621ad87aaf7a_zpsuzfkohab.jpg

2d5f7887ace2dfaddf311e2c2f6e3b11_zpsgk4spvsg.jpg

d8ee9df2ca97b3adb2ac90a487956e01_zpset4j6jpv.jpg

I'm really pleased all it now needs is the lapels pressed correctly. Which I think they should be not be pressed flat! Any thoughts gents I know most of you have see the suit before.

Freddie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider