Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bailey Tino

ZackP

New in Town
A local hat shop has a sale going on and they are selling Tino's for $45. I know many do not like wool, but I was hoping to get the opinion of others here on if this is a decent hat or not :)

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
A modern wool felt is about as good as any other modern wool felt. If you like it, go for it. But be aware that there are significant drawbacks to wool hats, and that if you're serious about hat wearing, your money would be better spent o a fur felt, or used vintage hat.

ZackP

New in Town
RBH, I saw that but practically nothing else, so thought I'd see if anyone had one otherwise. It's between this in my mind, or some Weejuns.

ZAZ

New in Town
I have a Bailey western that is a few years old that is actually made out of angora. While it is not a terrible hat, it is not that great either. Bailey does not use a very good sweat band and while I can not speak for the Tino I find my particular hat to be far too stiff. The result is a hat that becomes uncomfortable when worn all day. At full price I would shy away. But at that sale price I would say it's worth the gamble if you like the fit and look.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
The Tino is Nice soft wool felt hat with an underwelt brim about 2". At 45 it's a bargin as a nock around hat. We sell a lot of them. It's a good starter hat for price and size. If you have more money I would suggest the Stetson Saxon.

Jeff
Living the dream at DelMonico Hatter

ZackP

New in Town
Thanks for your opinion! I'm essentially looking for something that I don't need to worry tooo much about, but will still look good :)
The Tino is Nice soft wool felt hat with an underwelt brim about 2". At 45 it's a bargin as a nock around hat. We sell a lot of them. It's a good starter hat for price and size. If you have more money I would suggest the Stetson Saxon.

Jeff
Living the dream at DelMonico Hatter

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Zack just saw that you are in Maine. When I made my first post to you I was in my Hotel room in Portland. Where in Maine are you?

Jeff
Living the Dream at Delmonico Hatters

ZackP

New in Town
Hey Jeff, I live in the Lewiston/Auburn myself, about half an hour from Portland. Where were you down there?

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I was going to be there for the weekend. My oldest daughter got sick so we came home on Sunday . My youngest daughter goes to USM in Gorham. Portland is my home town.

Jeff
Living the Dream at DelMonico Hatter

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I live in Conecticut about 240 miles away, I get up to Maine now that my daughter is there, on a regular basis now.

Jeff
Living the Dream at DelMonico Hatter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran