Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bandanas: Okay, or dorky?

~*Red*~

Practically Family
You can still find the retro ones at Walmart!

I was just in Walmart the other day and as always I look at bandanas, anyhow, they still had some of the retro ones left.. now on sale for $2 each! :D sweet deal if you can find them!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
I was just in Walmart the other day and as always I look at bandanas, anyhow, they still had some of the retro ones left.. now on sale for $2 each! :D sweet deal if you can find them!

I thought I had missed that train!! I'll have to go look! Where do they keep them, by clothing or crafts?? Thanks!!

Joie

ShesSoVaVaVoom

One of the Regulars
I love the wal-mart bandanas! (hate the wal-mart though lol). if you can't find what you're looking for there, you might find it at an actual crafts store too, I've found some plain-ol-bandanas at Michaels arts and crafts stores, when they didn't have what I wanted elsewhere. now that I have to buy a couple of replacements, as my puppy decided 3 of the ones she found looked like a tasty snack.

also, when on a roller coaster, pins won't hold a bandana on! I found that out on Viper at 6flags when on the first drop my bandana flew off my head! lucky for me though a moment later, my friend sitting behind me yells, "don't worry Amber I caught it, I caught it". can't always count on a good catch haha.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
~*Red*~ said:
That sounds super cute Joie!! You should post a pic when you get a chance! :D

Sorry it took so long!!

Here's that cowgirl bandana:

cowgirlbandana.jpg

Close up:

cowgirlbandanacloseup.jpg

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
i've gotta be honest, i love wearing bandana's coz i look like rosie the riveter. but tbh, everyone thinks i am a gangster and i am constantly shunned in the public eye because of a little piece of material.

i love wearing them,but i can only do it in my house,because people think im disrespectful and that i should live in "the hood". sooo,it upsets me that people think your gonna clean a house or go hang out with some "homies". it was such a good thing back in the golden era,now its been reduced to an idiotic riot because of red material wrapped around your head.

i am not racist in any way, don't judge me monkey!:(

Tatum

Practically Family
Bandannas are the best! I cheat with scarves most of the time, I guess I have a big head too? Regular bandannas don't have enough surface area for me to tie them! We call them "do-rags" around here too, as my husband has always worn them to keep his bald head from burning on the boat.

That cowgirl bandanna is the cutest thing I've seen in ages.

Ales Rider

New in Town
I looove my bandanas. I wear one every day (along with my tunic/apron) when doing my housework. if its anything particularly dirty or high up i wear it 'a la rosie' on other days i just tie it round. (I'll get a pic up sometime)

if i need to nip to the shop next door I just go as i am! I do get some funny looks sometimes, but who cares!! I'm wearing it because its practical and cute and I've never seen anyone else wearing one like I do in my town.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
I also wear bandannas.. most of the time scarfs in my hair when cleaning house.. watering the lawn.. it keeps my hair from gettin in the way of things.. Cause my hair is pretty long and gets in the way!! lol..

I usually leave some bang out thats curled and I just pin it up and whaala.. im done.. its great for Sundays too.. cause I get soo lazy :)

Inky

One Too Many
A real vintage 1943 Bandana wearing woman!

Here's a wonderful picture of a true working woman in 1943 sporting her bandana and coveralls.

Her eyebrows have run away (maybe too much 1930's over plucking?), but I love that she is sporting her lipstick and painted nails. A true Rosie at work!

Inky

One Too Many
Aren't they wonderful?

Thank goodness for these hard-working women that helped the war effort and our futures! I love these pictures so much. I wish I had one of some family of mine at work in the 40's, but they were all still in Cuba, except for my great-grandmother, and she worked at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing wearing mostly skirts/blouses/suits.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Everyone looks fantastic sporting their bandanas!
Love the vintage pics, and the printed bandanas too...

I could have sworn I posted pics of this here before, perhaps there was another thread on the subject? If so, sorry for the repeat. And sometimes I *think* of posting about something and can't remember if I actually ever did, lol![huh]

Anyhoo...here's mine~
Copy+of+HPIM2847.jpg

You can read more about it and a tutorial here!

Here's another pic,
HPIM3972.JPG

and blogged about here~

scarlett

One of the Regulars
Wow Ohairas you look great. I'm pretty certain with all the beautiful ladies in this thread wearing bandanas, we can safely say Bandanas are A-Okay - definitely not dorky.

KittyVonKirsche

Familiar Face
Thankyou thankyou thankyou Ohairas! Ive been desperately trying to find a tute on up dos with bandanas. Yours is just what Ive been looking for. Its just gorgeous. So are you!

Redhead

New in Town
There are several black and white pictures of my grandmother from the early 1960s where she is wearing dark wash jeans with the cuffs rolled up, a button up shirt, and a bandana on her head. I was showing the pictures to her and she said, "I don't know why I have that stupid bandana on." I think she looked adorable!

Chandra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner